Why become a member? ×

Ashdown (copy) 1x15 cab For sale....

BassJase

Ashdown copy 1x15 cab, its 300 watts and 4ohm. Built with original Ashdown grill and covering, it has twin Speakons at the back and apart from some of the covering coming away a little round the back (but thats literally a 5 minute super glue job i'll try to get done a.s.a.p) is in superb condition. Fitted with a Fane driver, I recently listened to this side by side with an authentic Ashdown 1x15 and to me it sounded better, much less wooly and much more responsive, especially with a low B. It comes with a fitted cover, and really does sound super schweeeeeeet.

Heres the tasty little sexpot......

Now after £60 for this, or will trade for bass stuff. I'm ideally after a set of passive Jazz pickups, but also interested in maybe a octave or tremelo pedal.
This is with me in North London so its ready for collection, or I can possibly deliver either of these to Norfolk/Suffolk/Essex, or most places between London and Bristol.
Cheers y'all!

Edited by BassJase

Hi,
do you know if the peavey is fitted with Sheffield® TVX 1035-8 speakers?, I may be interested in converting it into a stereo 8ohm combo. any chance for a price for shipping also - thanks.

Justin

[quote name='juice' post='378581' date='Jan 13 2009, 06:25 AM']Hi,
do you know if the peavey is fitted with Sheffield® TVX 1035-8 speakers?, I may be interested in converting it into a stereo 8ohm combo. any chance for a price for shipping also - thanks.

Justin[/quote]

Sorry mate, really haven't got a clue what the driver is without opening it up and looking at it, and its gonna be 100 miles away from me for the next couple of weeks!
And in all honesty it would be crazy money to ship it, these things aren't known for their portability.... ;)

[quote name='BassJase' post='388146' date='Jan 22 2009, 01:11 AM']Well I need the space now, so the Ashdown copy is up for £60.
I think thats a fair price for a fantastic sounding 15" cab. ;)[/quote]

Hi.
Are you bringing the 15" cab back down to Bristol at all?

cheers
Matt

Edited by Absolute-beginner

[quote name='Absolute-beginner' post='388219' date='Jan 22 2009, 09:17 AM']Hi.
Are you bringing the 15" cab back down to Bristol at all?

cheers
Matt[/quote]

Yeah I can do, i'm going around that area next weekend (30th/31st) so I could bring it with me....

[quote name='stevie' post='388277' date='Jan 22 2009, 10:19 AM']Could you list the dimensions, please?
Looks like a bottom shelf port - it's not rear ported, is it?
Are the handles metal?
Who built the cab?
What type of wood is it made from?[/quote]

Info would be good

Cheers
matt

Apologies for not answering the questions sooner fellas, but here's the best I can do....

The dimensions are 43cm depth, 56cm width and 61cm height.
It was built by Ian (chopthebass) on here, but as far as i'm aware he's now moved to Canada so obtaining any more information could be quite difficult!
It looks like its been built by standard chipboard or some such wood, but its difficult to tell by just picking it up as there's no wood on view to see.
Its got heavy duty black metal handles, and yes its front ported.

Last bump on here before I decide to keep it. ;)

After buying a new 4x10 at the weekend this is definitely surplus to requirements, so it really does need a new home.
I'll possibly now trade it for a set of passive Jazz pickups, and i'm also interested in either a tremelo or octave pedal.

Anyone before the dreaded eBay.....?

[quote name='casapete' post='402168' date='Feb 6 2009, 04:53 PM']Is this still for sale please?[/quote]

It most certainly is... ;)
I was going to hang on to it, but I really can't see me using it anytime soon so it might as well go to a new loving home.