Why become a member? ×

Headset microphone

spectoremg

I've been with headset mic for a number of years and it's brilliant.  I use a Line 6 XD-V55HS Digital Wireless Headset Mic System and it's never let me down.  The transmitter clips to your belt and runs on 2 x AA batteries.  I use rechargeable batteries for both the mic and bass.

The headset mic itself however is total rubbish so I use a Shure SM35-TQG which is great.  I've only just it bought to replace a Shure WH30 which has been discontinued.

I've also built an on / off footswitch for it so that I can switch the mic off if I need to cough etc.  The transmitter does have a mute function, press the button for 2 seconds, which may well be good enough for you but as I take most of the lead vocals and play bass it's a bit difficult to stop playing for 2 seconds to press the button.

If you don't move around a lot you could think about a wired mic which would be a lot cheaper.  Again I'd recommend a Shure headset but this time with an XLR connectors.

I can only recommend going the headset route.

3 hours ago, Bassfinger said:

Will you be wearing one of those pointy bras as well?

Ah yes. The ones that make your tits look like artillery shells. Class.

Re. headset mics, be careful you don't buy one that is intended for gym teachers and similar if you're on a tight budget. They're fine for speech, but don't cut it for singing (a drummer pal of mine got one and it was not good - he ended up having to buy something better). Afraid you'll have to spend a bit to get something decent.