Why become a member? ×

Badass II bridge problem

cjbassguy

Hey guys i got a new one for you. i just installed my new badass II bridge on my 2000 fender MIM p bass. sounds great and tone and sustain are
clear and noticable. ONE ISSUE....maybe.

The low E has a noticible rattle, especially in drop D. It doesn't feel as comfortable as the other strings and the sustain
and attack are not as good as the others. this bridge is not filed btw.

if i filed this one string would it help? i like having a strong punchy E string.

[quote name='cjbassguy' post='377843' date='Jan 12 2009, 03:53 PM']Hey guys i got a new one for you. i just installed my new badass II bridge on my 2000 fender MIM p bass. sounds great and tone and sustain are
clear and noticable. ONE ISSUE....maybe.

The low E has a noticible rattle, especially in drop D. It doesn't feel as comfortable as the other strings and the sustain
and attack are not as good as the others. this bridge is not filed btw.

if i filed this one string would it help? i like having a strong punchy E string.[/quote]

I may be wrong but, from memory when I fitted my badass II bridge the sadles all needed to have slots filed into them as they were flat?

;)

Although filing the saddles is what you want to do, are you sure the rattle is bridge end of the bass and not at the tuning peg? After all, you've just restrung it, is the flangy nut thingie on the face of the headstock slightly loose? Or is the saddle level and seated properly?

I haven't filed my on my VMJ, and I don't notice any sort of rattle, nor did I when I had the badass on my Aerodyne.