Why become a member? ×

3leaf Octavre Mkii / 3leaf Octavre Mini

Bass-Face

Right firstly apologies as I am sure this has been covered lots of times but I am still unable to find a clear answer and have spent hours reading on here and talk bass. I have also been unable to find a clear video showing the differences between the mike and mini. 

If anyone could give me a clear answer I would be very grateful 🤞

From reading the forums I was under the impression the solo sub feature missing from the mini until I just saw a comment saying they are exactly the same except for size. Are the Mkii and the mini the same ?

Any info gratefully appreciated :)

Yes, the Mini is basically the Mk2 with no Sub (i.e no Sub vol or Sub switch).

I was under the impression the circuit is the same as the Mk2 with the Tim switch on, but the 3 Leaf website does state "It starts with the popular TIM mod from the original and takes it further with a reworked tone knob that runs the gamut from classic OC-2-inspired thump to all-out sub fuzz". So maybe it sounds a little different.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pineweasel said:

Yes, the Mini is basically the Mk2 with no Sub (i.e no Sub vol or Sub switch).

I was under the impression the circuit is the same as the Mk2 with the Tim switch on, but the 3 Leaf website does state "It starts with the popular TIM mod from the original and takes it further with a reworked tone knob that runs the gamut from classic OC-2-inspired thump to all-out sub fuzz". So maybe it sounds a little different.

Thank you that’s what I thought until I read a comment by someone. Looks like a wait for the new octavre mkiii then unless a mkii comes up for sale :) 

Another option - my preference is to use the Octabvre Mini for a solo'd sub sound, and an Octamizer for a blended octave. I love the Octabvre soloed, but it's quite midrangey and doesn't blend as well with a clean tone as the Octamizer does. The Aguilar goes a lot deeper, and with its filter controls  (LPF on the sub and HPF on the clean) you can make  adjust the two voices so that they blend nicely and don't step on each other's toes.