[NOW SOLDthis awesome Steinberger XQ-5, made in USA. Ash body, famous Graphite composite neck.

The serial is TN-16069, model XQSTD5CB, cherry burst, dated June 2, 1996, before of Steinberger by "Music Yo" with Moses neck.

Completely original except for the preamp which is a Sadowsky equivalent with the possibility of Active/Passive mode, purchased separately, and a screw at the top of the bolt-on which has been replaced and has a double battery compartment.

This model with the Bartolini has a really good attack but a more balanced and softer sound than the brothers with Duncan or EMG.

Perfectly working. Original soft case included.

Built in the famous Tennessee plant, under the supervision of Gibson who had taken over the company and who continued to use the components of the previous Q5 models. Definitely more aesthetically pleasing (for this reason in fact Gibson had imposed a change of products line), and lighter as it has an ash body, with a very firm and balanced sound, with woods supplied directly by Gibson stocks, they are in fact even better balanced compared to the previous Q models that instead have a maple body.

Foreign Currency: about payments different from the Euros currency you can pay by clicking using this ►Transferwise bank transfer◄ link.

ABOUT SHIPPING:

Bass is located in Italy (Sicily). No problems for international fast shipping:

*Shipping prices include shockproof packaging but without insurance, which must be calculated separately.

• To Italy: 30€ (1/2 working days)
  • To Ireland/Great Britain: 60€ (4/5 working days)
  • To Germany and Austria: 45€ (3/4 working days)
  • To Spain: 60€ (4/5 working days)
  • To France: 65€ (4/5 working days)
  • To Lithuania: 75€ (4/5 working days)
  • To Romania: 80€ (4/5 working days)
  • To Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands: 65€ (3/4 working days)
  • To Czech Republic (CZ): 80€ (4/5 working days)
  • To USA and Canada: 130€ (6/8 working days)

DSC_3503.JPG

DSC_3507.JPG

DSC_3504.JPG

DSC_3508.JPG

DSC_3510.JPG

DSC_3513.JPG

DSC_3505.JPG

DSC_3509.JPG

Edited by TAzMilitello
Sold
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Tolis21r said:

glwts , it's really great!! bartolini are awesome !! 

Hi, yes my friend, in my opinion Bartolini PUs gives a softer and more balanced sound and touch than the EMGs one. 🍻

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TAzMilitello said:

Hi, yes my friend, in my opinion Bartolini PUs gives a softer and more balanced sound and touch than the EMGs one. 🍻

I totally agree with you , 

2104932281_fenderenstein003.JPG.c61ae4841841e8edaf0daf26d10a9701.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tolis21r said:

i bought it with the pre amp installed  and it's aguilar obp-3 , bass and mid's are the best ... treble not so good !

Ok! When I bought this Steinberger an Aguilar OBP-3 had been installed, but I give you the reason, the sound on the high was not great, I installed this Sadowsky preamp which I like best and it has the possibility of active/passive mode, on the frequencies it plays very well.

2 hours ago, TAzMilitello said:

Ok! When I bought this Steinberger an Aguilar OBP-3 had been installed, but I give you the reason, the sound on the high was not great, I installed this Sadowsky preamp which I like best and it has the possibility of active/passive mode, on the frequencies it plays very well.

hmm i see , i am very pleased  right now with the ob3 later i will see !

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Schnozzalee said:

That would be a dream bass for me.

It's an awesome instrument and always very clean and dynamic in sound, unfortunately I already have 3 headless basses and 9 basses at home, unfortunately I am forced to "make space". If you need any information, don't hesitate to contact me...

• Like 1

These are the proper 5 string neck and bridge/ pickups. The L2/5s were 5 strings on an already tight four string neck. 

15 hours ago, XM25A said:

Hey Taz. New to this website. Is this the correct way to message you? Doug

Hi Doug, yes! You were right to send the private msg. I just answered you! 😄

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By will4bass
      Very nice black Sadowsky Modern Metro Japan 24-5 with the great Sadowsky humbuckers and Sadowsky pre-amp with VTC.
      Not a Metro Express and not a Warwick or Chinese Sadowsky but a perfect Japanese Sadowsky..
      Good balance, approx. 3850 grams. Comes with original Sadowsky case.
      Signs of wear but great looking and no issues.

• By Bassworks
      This bass is effectively a sister to my build diary for a PPJ5 in Surf Green that sold recently. I'll try to find some different pictures from the ones that I chose for that build diary. Feel Free to comment and ask questions along the way. I'll start with a recent photo, I'm just at the point of fitting the nut and John East UNI Pre active electronics, so this is nearly but not quite finished. It weighs in at exactly 4Kg with strings and everything else. It is a Chambered Swamp Ash body, Canadian Rock Maple asymmetric profile to the rear with a proprietary "thumb-groove" further slimming the fast "J"-like profile. It sports a compound radius Macassar Ebony fretboard 12"-20" radius with block inlays. The Daphne Blue Nitro has been lightly aged with a cryo-relic process. There is the usual high specification hardware and electronics from Hipshot, Bartolini and John East. This bass is available and I'll be shipping it out at the Black Friday week deal price from last year on her Surf Green sister. Complete with a branded Hiscox hard case and 2 years of free setup and service (fair use policy applies).
      Please DM me if you might be interested.
      Do head over to @bassworksluthiery on Facebook for other information, if you can't wait for me to populate this build diary over the next week!...
      Thanks for reading and enjoy!

• By Hellzero
      Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

Superb looking, playing and sounding WARRIOR Dran Michael 4 (DM4) Custom Neck Through Signature with loads of options like wider strings spacing, inlays and higher grade woods.

NO TRADES !
      NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £2299 GBP !!! Todays price for a similar bass with all the options : at least $8000 USD or around £6000 GBP !

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible, but with an extra huge customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

In fully working condition.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : 2 wings of swamp ash (DM selected high grade woods)
      Top : holographic highly flamed maple (DM selected high grade woods)
      Neck : 3 pieces through neck with holographic highly flamed maple (DM selected high grade woods)
      Fingerboard : holographic birdseye maple (DM selected high quality woods) with mother of pearl birds inlays, mother of pearl sword inlay and mother of pearl "2005" inlay on the side (black side dots seem to have been added afterwards as there are traces of mother of pearl dots or it's been chosen by the original owner. It is also signed at the back of the headstock by ... Marcus MILLER)
      Frets : 24 in stainless steel
      Headstock : 2 + 2 with flamed maple top and mother of pearl inlays
      Pickups :  2 Warrior/Bartolini humbuckers (Jazz in bridge position and Fatboy in neck position)
      Preamp : Warrior/Bartolini NTMB-918F 3 bands EQ (18 Volts)
      Controls : volume, blend, mids (active/passive switch), stacked treble and bass plus 3 positions switch for the mids frequency (Neutrik locking jack)
      Tuners : Warrior/Gotoh
      Bridge : brass Warrior/Hipshot A Style
      Strings spacing at bridge : 22 mm (adjustable)
      Nut : bone
      Strings spacing at nut : 12 mm
      Knobs : original metal with mother of pearl inlays dome
      Scale : 34 inches
      Hardware colour : gold and you'll get the Dunlop Straplok® flush mount 24 KT gold that you can see in the case pocket
      Truss rod : one fully working
      Finish : high gloss trans orange-stain (see hand writing in the neck pickup cavity) and hand rubbed “Anointed Oil” for the neck
      Land of craftsmanship : USA
      Serial number : 04 852
      Year : 2005
      Weight : 3.785 kilos
      Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the E string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the original unbranded fake crocodile skin hard case.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has been fitted with two new batteries and a (now used) set of D'Addario Nickel EXL165 strings (45 - 65 - 85 -105).

A bass in the league of Fodera and the likes. A true high end bass.

Link to the old Warrior page : Dran Michael Warrior Bass - Hand Crafted Basses - Custom Bass Guitar - Boutique Bass

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken at different angles and under different lights to try to capture the real colour to see the real condition, which show only some little wear with a very few dings, crazy slapper scratches and other light scratches (no rear heavy marks or scratches), the most obvious mark being under the control cavity where the bass is left on a stand. The pickups are marked too, particularly the neck pickup under the E string as they were too close to the strings...

All the 46 photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-efgenTb8UL6FvPLirgy9xZnCUKtiw0K?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

• By Cat Burrito
      I thought I'd done a family portrait recently but it was way back in 2017 according to my search. Here's the gang in all their glory (missing my upright and uke bass - not pictured, with all my amps in the kitchen).
      My kit (l-r) front Gibson Thunderbird, Eastwood EEB-1, Burns 6 strong bass, 51 bitsa, Rickenbacker 4003s, middle Fender Precision & Fender Jazz, back Eastwood BV, Gretsch G5440LSB, cheap Acoustic Bass and Hofner Verythin long scale bass. 

• By mrbassman_de
      Selling my legendary Steinberger graphite paddle bass, an XL2 from 1992.
      Condition is very good. Everything works fine. The neck is straight and the action could be set very low. The leg rest is the newer one. Frets are in very good shape and still have years of life on them.
      Original EMG pickups. This bass has the rare detuner on the E string. It works perfectly and could adjust the E string to a low D in a heartbeat. Just put a fresh set of GHS double ball end strings on it.
      The gigbag is not original I guess and is not the most reliable one. There are better ones available in the market - but it still does the job.
      These Steinbergers are perfect travel basses as they are not as sensitive against climate changes like its wooden sisters. Plus the size reduced to a minimum what a 34" could be.
      I am asking 2300 GBP or 2500 EUR plus shipping from Duesseldorf/Germany. This is the lowest price I can see anywhere in the web today. No trades please.
      Sorry for the poor pics - I had no better lighting available today. I will upgrade them as soon as possible.