Selling this bass for a friend.
It's a [b]very[/b] nice Spector.

- 34" scale
- Flamed maple wings
- EMG DC pickups
- EMG preamp
- non-original teardrop hardcase
- currently mounting [b]brand new[/b] SIT Rock Brights strings

It's in excellent condition, he's selling it only because he has too many basses and, well, something has to go ;)

£600 + s&h

Edited by Boneless

I know, people usually look at Spectors for a fretted, not a fretless ;)
But it is really worth a look, it's a very nice instrument, a very peculiar fretless, different, of course, from the "standard" fretlesses, not very conventional... but I think its peculiarity is it's strength as well.

If money and space were no object I'd definitely have it! Looks wonderful. As it happens, I [i]do[/i] have the money, but I wouldn't part with so much over a fretless as I'm crap at playing them, and also I have a cheapo which is good enough for my current level of interest. On the other hand I [i]don't[/i] have enough space for another bass.

Oh, by the way, the current owner/seller is more than willing to record some samples - and, obviously, video samples as well, if the Youtube "squeezing issue" (also known as mono output) is not too much bother - but he may not be able to do so until Saturday.

With "normal" post service (the equivalent of your Royal Mail) shipping's going to be around £50-55 with insurance.
But with private couriers, it may be less expensive (or more, it depends really).

EDIT: The owner/seller asked me to paste this:

"actually it depends. around 50 pounds if you want a very quick delivery (the final price is determined by the exact weight of the package, which i believe could settle somewhere around 10-12 kg). this kind of shipment is trackable, and should be absolutely bother-free. should take around two working days to get there. as far as i'm concerned, i've always been a happy camper even with different kinds of shipment. in particular, there's plenty of opportunities to save money, if you are willing to wait longer."

Edited by Boneless

Hi There
Appreciate that you have indicated the Spector bass is withdrawn however, please would you considert the following, I am very interested in this fretless bass, as I am looking for a five string 'would you friend be interested in a swop, I have a Fender Jazz bass Mex, white , ebony fretboard, set up by a class luthier in scotland, plays like a classic Jazz bass, thin neck and elixir strings coupled with, fitted Lindy Fralin pickups and a John East designed active preamp to to the Fender, incredible tones, plays wonderfully,of course there would be a cash element to make any deal which would have to be discussed work , let me know if that could be of interest?

Best Regards

John