Why become a member? ×

NPD... AFA Godeater!

bartelby

I've ummed and aahed about this pedal since first hearing about it a couple of years ago. Having a look on line yesterday they seem to be getting thin on the ground, so took the plunge. The order status says "dispatched" so I guess I should have it tomorrow or Thursday.

I'm looking forward to running all manner of stuff through this beast. The Animal Factory Amps Godeater...

Godeater_New-cutout_1024x1024.png?v=1542

The control set:

Demeter - Pre-gain
Hera - Bass cut at the input
Poseidon - Gain
Hades - Bass Contour
Hestia - Tone 
Zeus - Volume

Two three-way switches to select between diode and LED clipping - or no clipping at all. One two-way switch labelled "Disgorge" allows you to use the Volume control as a clean blend.

https://animalfactoryamps.com/collections/effect-pedals/products/animal-6a-godeater-pre-order

Edited by bartelby

Got home, after two days away,  to this.

F24AB54F-1443-4411-846A-AA9C384FD941.thumb.jpeg.661fe2f2ae7de03301a0b044e1a1ffba.jpeg1DAF2FE4-CD2B-4171-9C93-7AFD89BD82C6.thumb.jpeg.79dd1d574798ab105cdf450db536826e.jpegEEC6B09F-A00A-4515-B795-A426D31849AC.thumb.jpeg.40a9ebf04b19c4026958c76f1e7d34cc.jpeg

had 10 mins trying it. The controls all interact with each other. This can give massive amounts of fuzz with more bass than you need.

Got a busy few weeks coming up, but I’m looking forward to getting to grips with this.

better photos and sound clips to follow.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, fuzzonaut said:

Oh nice one! I've been intrigued ever since you mentioned it in the DIY thread. Massive amounts of fuzz with more bass than you need is my cup of tea.

Sounds clips would be great.

Any idea what it might be working with circuit wise?

Cheers.

I've only had about 30 mins with the pedal so far. I've got a busy few days coming (3 Sunn O))) and Anna Von Hausswolff gigs in 6 days).
But once I've got time I'll record some clips. It's a difficult pedal to figure out a demo reel as you can't just turn everything to minimum and slowly turn them up.

It's a dense SMD board, I'll be having a closer look at that soon too.

I did discover that the output can use a TRS connector to give you wet and dry outputs separately 

• Like 1