Why become a member? ×

hi from telford

photographymatt

Hi all. Names matt from telford(shropshire)

new to bass(got my bass for xmas,5string westfield) and currently waiting on a laney rb8 from gak at some point today:-D

Played guitar on/off since I was 16(25 in a few weeks...god, I feel old now) and have wanted to play bass for years just never got round to it/had the funds. In the past year+ Iv been playing bass lines on my guitar and really enjoy it.

love all music, from blues to pop to dance to metal to funk and pretty much everything inbetween (hardcore racist gangsta rap not really my thing thou.lol)

Guitarwise I have a ibanez rg470(tuned to D standard,lovely guitar,dislike the floyd rose when restringing/tuning...), epiphone les paul studio in red which I tuned to E standard and is my fave guitar to play all round(ibanez has a nicer neck for solos/lead playing, but the epiphone is a great rhythm/riff machine), my first guitar which is a les paul copy(Called the beast by whoever made it..lol.tuned to C standard with zakk wyld sig strings on) and a westfield electro-acoustic which is very similar to a ovation(sp?), nicest sub-£1000 acoustic iv played to be honest and I have that tuned to E standard.

amp wise, I was going to get a giggable amp before I was invited to join a band as bassist so still only have the digitech rp90 for effects/practise and the peavy blazer practise amp. Im happy with them:-) anyways...will get to play with the two guitarists in my bands gear when they are not looking;-)

other than music, Im really interested in photography(studying it at uni, but really just want to get out there on my own as I feel ready) so if you need promo/live photography for your band..basschat forum discounts;-)

hope y'all had a great xmas and new years and that 2009 is full of hard rocking times for you:-D

peace
matt h

lol.amen mewsie :-)

little dawley, its less than 5 mins from ironbridge, near lightmore/dawley.

seems a nice forum, I mean as a forum too...no bickering, everyone seems relaxed.there was a touchy topic but everyone...mostly...handled it with maturity:-) Havnt seen any keyboard warriors yet!!

Im excited about playing my bass thru this amp..when it sodding gets here. lol.

[quote name='photographymatt' post='374979' date='Jan 9 2009, 12:13 PM']lol.amen mewsie :-)

little dawley, its less than 5 mins from ironbridge, near lightmore/dawley.

seems a nice forum, I mean as a forum too...no bickering, everyone seems relaxed.there was a touchy topic but everyone...mostly...handled it with maturity:-) Havnt seen any keyboard warriors yet!!

Im excited about playing my bass thru this amp..when it sodding gets here. lol.[/quote]

heh, we do have excitement every now and then, keep popcorn in.

yup, i know where dawley is! my family are based around shifnal and wellington. quite a while since i've been down there actually.

hope the amp arrives soon!

x

[quote name='mewsie' post='375169' date='Jan 9 2009, 02:21 PM']heh, we do have excitement every now and then, keep popcorn in.

yup, i know where dawley is! my family are based around shifnal and wellington. quite a while since i've been down there actually.

hope the amp arrives soon!

x[/quote]
I went to college in wellington mewsie, know the place well.used to get all my music gear from the shop run by the keyboard player from tpau in wellington!!! :-)

the amp arrived..and after abit of worry from some of the posters on here(not good enough) after I had paid for it...its enough enough.:-) Still playing with the eq to find one I like, will be easier once I take it to practise thou.

[quote name='bigthumb' post='375296' date='Jan 9 2009, 03:45 PM']Hi Matt. Might need some pics doing in the near future![/quote]

would love to mate, what band you in? Send me an email to [email protected] with what you need doing and Ill send you some of my work and can work out prices:-) Nice to meet another telford thumper. from your gear and age...I cant figure out who you are thou.

I'm originally from Oakengates and I spent some years living in Shifnal before arriving here. My family still live in Telford/Shifnal. If you're ever in Morrisons in Wellington, look for a pleasant grey-haired lady called Glenda on the tills and tell her her Son sent you ;)