Why become a member? ×

Oxford Gig

MoonBassAlpha

Hello any Oxfordites.
My Duo / occasional trio, The New Moon, are on early doors 8.30? along with Redox and the Pete Fryer Band.
We play acoustic, sometimes psychadelic songs, on acoustic guitar and fretless bass, helped out by a bit of flute and djembe here and there.
Come and say hello! Sorry for the short notice, we are late subs!
Cheers
Jules

PS Im pretty sure it is free to get in too!

I think our next outing in Oxford is the 5th of February at The Jerico Tavern supporting Anton Barbeau, from Sacremento, Ca.
Both of these are not a million miles removed from the 'Teeth, especially Anton's more psych stuff (Village of the Apple Sun album)

www.myspace.com/thenewmoonnews

www.myspace.com/antonbarbeau

Nice bass BTW! it's a ...... ?

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='374072' date='Jan 8 2009, 02:17 PM']Hello any Oxfordites.
My Duo / occasional trio, The New Moon, are on early doors 8.30? along with Redox and the Pete Fryer Band.
We play acoustic, sometimes psychadelic songs, on acoustic guitar and fretless bass, helped out by a bit of flute and djembe here and there.
Come and say hello! Sorry for the short notice, we are late subs!
Cheers
Jules

PS Im pretty sure it is free to get in too![/quote]

Blimey..... that takes me back. I used to work in the Magdalen Arms about 25 years ago, when there was a games room out the back with pool tables and loads of video games. What's it like now?

A

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='375513' date='Jan 9 2009, 06:40 PM']Nice bass BTW! it's a ...... ?[/quote]
Sei Flamboyant six string.

Also, I must get round to updating my signature sometime. My relocation to Oxford has put paid to my regular involvement with the two bands mentioned but I have now got a local project brewing...

Wulf