Why become a member? ×

Beginner Forum

AM1

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='379524' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:21 PM']You joined BassChat on 6th December and you have been playing bass [i]for around a month[/i].

Does that mean your first step towards learning to play bass was to join BassChat?[/quote]

No. It would be somewhat unrealistic to expect to learn to play an instrument from scratch, using only an internet forum.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='379524' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:21 PM']The word "beginner" has different meanings to different people. I picked up a bass for the first time just over three years ago, but I still consider myself a "beginner" and that's not false modesty.

Your needs in a Beginner's Forum would be quite different from mine.[/quote]

It is therefore obvious that player development is something that the forum needs to expand upon, both for absolute beginners and others.

Regards

AM

[quote name='ped' post='379540' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:33 PM']Can't be arsed[/quote]

Can't really argue with that! ;)

Bah, can't get the staff :P

Let's talk about Roland V-Bass instead then!

My back is already caving in with piling more and more gear on it, so is this in-ear monitoring stuff any good?

[quote name='ped' post='379493' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:02 PM']I recently asked a very 'beginner' question and got lots of answers. If I had posted that on a beginners forum, what would the difference be, do you think?

Cheers
ped[/quote]

Ped , i think theres a bit of a diffence when such an established memeber such as your good self asks a question than when a brand shiny new person asks it.

I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Cheers
Matt

;)

Edited by Absolute-beginner

[quote name='AM1' post='379546' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:38 PM']My back is already caving in with piling more and more gear on it, so is this in-ear monitoring stuff any good?[/quote]
Seems like you are ready to leave the Beginner forum already.
One month of playing Bass and you are already lugging gear around !
That aint bad...... ;)

Garry

[quote name='lowdown' post='379549' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:44 PM']Seems like you are ready to leave the Beginner forum already.
One month of playing Bass and you are already lugging gear around !
That aint bad...... ;)

Garry[/quote]

Garry

No, unfortunately I was referring to some of my other hobbies!

I think basket weaving may be the way forward! :P

[quote name='AM1' post='379554' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:48 PM']Garry

No, unfortunately I was referring to some of my other hobbies!

I think basket weaving may be the way forward! :)[/quote]
;)

I can not imagine a 6 page post and counting,
Going down on a basket weaving forum [ For beginners ] :P

Garry

[quote name='ped' post='379565' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:54 PM']I don't think in ear monitoring could replace an oxygen tank, but I would be the first to suggest you try!

ped[/quote]

I see you're in a similar sporting mood to me this evening ;)

Must take a long time, this forum creation :P

[quote name='AM1' post='379532' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:26 PM']It is therefore obvious that player development is something that the forum needs to expand upon, both for absolute beginners and others.[/quote]

I may not agree with all your conclusions, but I have to admire the utter certainty with which you make your statements. Maybe what the world needs is a bit more black'n'white thinking.

Remind me never to discuss sex, politics or religion with you.

;)

[quote name='planethead' post='379587' date='Jan 13 2009, 08:11 PM']does this [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37524&st=0#entry378691"]this[/url] help...

ttfn[/quote]

personally, i think that should suffice, and maybe a sticky in the gear section, too, about suitable basses for beginners?