Why become a member? ×

Bronco neck on a Mustang?

dickandjill

[quote name='dickandjill' post='372314' date='Jan 6 2009, 07:12 PM']Hi
Will a Squier Bronco bass neck fit straight onto a Fender Mustang or Musicmaster bass body?
(seen a "loaded" body for sale and would like to use it whilst looking for a correct neck)
Thanks[/quote]

I suspect it could work (as in I'd try it), but the Bronco is only very loosely based on the Musicmaster so don't quote me. The holes for the neck screws may be in a different position and the Squier neck heel may disagree sizewise with the neck pocket on the Fender body. In the worst case scenario, the bridge might not be in the correct position with reference to this neck rather than the Mustang/Musicmaster neck.

If you have the neck handy, there's no harm in casually trying but I wouldn't waste much time trying to shoehorn it into the body, I'd sooner wait for something which was intended for the purpose to come along.

[quote name='dickandjill' post='372314' date='Jan 6 2009, 07:12 PM']Hi
Will a Squier Bronco bass neck fit straight onto a Fender Mustang or Musicmaster bass body?
(seen a "loaded" body for sale and would like to use it whilst looking for a correct neck)
Thanks[/quote]

It will fit, but the screw holes are different and the neck pocket depth of the Mustang body is 14mm, but the Bronco body pocket is 16mm deep!

So it may be a bodge job until you get the proper neck!

Will.