Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

Dubs

I’m after an Ampeg SVT-3Pro in exchange for my Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 with the Genz Benz gig bag. I’ve been considering this for a while and have decided that I’d like a bit of the Ampeg growl back in my life after going from an all valve Ampeg rig to my super lightweight Genz Benz/Epifani rig about 3 or 4 months ago. I've played an SVT-3Pro in the past and thought it sounded great.

It’s in great condition; only left the house a handful of times and it’s only ever been gigged twice – both times it wasn’t pushed anywhere near its limit. Only marks are very slight cosmetic marks on the black paint that can easily be covered with a marker pen if one were so inclined to do so :huh:

The power output is an incredible 600W @ 4ohms in a tiny 3.75lb package, and with the valve pre this is a very versatile little amp.

I thought I’d see if anyone wants to shed some rig weight whilst I want to put some back on :huh: I’m only really interested in the newer MkII SVT-3Pro model – not the old black/red/blue MkI one.

I’m not desperate for a change as the Shuttle 6.0 is great, I’m just caught up in the old BassChat GAS again and I’m trying to nail down “My Sound”. I’m happy to wait a while and see if anything pops up.

Edited by benwhiteuk

[quote name='crez5150' post='372123' date='Jan 6 2009, 04:01 PM']Blimey..... two on here in one day??[/quote]

:) Yeah, Gareth’s sale sparked off mine. I’ve been thinking about this for about a month though; I just didn’t want to be too hasty as I've suffered in the past for not controlling my GAS :huh:

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='372120' date='Jan 6 2009, 03:57 PM']I’m after an Ampeg SVT-3Pro in exchange for my Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 with the Genz Benz gig bag. I’ve been considering this for a while and have decided that I’d like a bit of the Ampeg growl back in my life after going from an all valve Ampeg rig to my super lightweight Genz Benz/Epifani rig about 3 or 4 months ago.[/quote]

You couldn't get 'growl' from the GenzBenz? :)

[quote name='cetera' post='372131' date='Jan 6 2009, 04:18 PM']You couldn't get 'growl' from the GenzBenz? :)[/quote]

Yeah you can get a lot of growl from the Genz Benz, but it’s a different sound than I’m after.

I’ve already had 1 offer for cash but I’d rather not at the moment simply due to the fact that I don’t want to be left without a head for any period of time longer than about a week, and if I let the Shuttle 6.0 go right now then I have no idea when I’d have a replacement. I’d be relatively happy to sell it if an SVT-3PRO became available through the forum or locally and the cash generated from selling the Shuttle 6.0 would cover all of my costs.

Don’t get me wrong – these are great heads and I’ve been very happy with mine so I’m in no rush to off load it, I’m just looking for my ideal setup and I think the SVT-3PRO is more suited to my sound and my style of playing at the moment.

If an SVT-3PRO was to become available, then potentially I’d be looking for about £430 shipped for the Shuttle 6.0.