Why become a member? ×

EBS Neogorm 2x10 combo... general thoughts?

risingson

Hi chaps, new to this forum but it's nice to be able to see a lot of guys from the UK posting instead of trawling through the mountains of info at Talkbass!

Anyway, to business... I was wondering if anyone owning the EBS Neogorm 2x10 has any thoughts or opinions concerning the combo overall. I'm in the market for one having played one abroad in Sweden last year for an outdoors gig, but I really wanted other people's thoughts concerning reliability, sound and such having not heard one indoors, and likewise, any info on it's main competitors like the Eden Metro or even the SWR Redhead would also be well received. I know it sounds great, but I wanted secondary opinion also if possible.

Thanks, Liam

Well the Neogorm is based on the HD350 and the HD350 is a very popular amp on here, although the Neoline 212 seems to be the most popular neo cab.

There is a big difference between the Neogorm and the other super-combo's you have mentioned - the weight. Plus the EBS is available in different speaker combinations.

If it was me I would get the Neogorm 212.

If you have a word with Bernie Goodfellow, who is the UK distributor, I am sure he will have an ex-demo one that has been displayed at trade shows for a suitable discount.

Thanks for the reply. The 212 did look good as well, I need to check the weight difference between the two although I should imagine it's a minimal factor. There's around 10lbs difference between the Eden and the EBS, which isn't so bad... just a bit of a bind if you're carrying it around everywhere for gigs and stuff. Any other thoughts?

[quote name='liamcapleton' post='371661' date='Jan 6 2009, 09:46 AM']Thanks for the reply. The 212 did look good as well, I need to check the weight difference between the two although I should imagine it's a minimal factor. There's around 10lbs difference between the Eden and the EBS, which isn't so bad... just a bit of a bind if you're carrying it around everywhere for gigs and stuff. Any other thoughts?[/quote]

Great combos although like ferret, I would tend to use the 2x12 instead of the 2x10 unless you are thinking of using and extension cab with the 2x10. The 2x12 have a little more oomph in a not much bigger/heavier package. You will not go wrong with the EBS combos.