Why become a member? ×

An unexpected purchase

Tinman

[quote name='Tinman' post='42490' date='Aug 7 2007, 03:17 PM']Yeah, you're right, the case is very badly put together, I really have to fight with it to get it closed.[/quote]

I picked up a secondhand 2004 US jazz a while back and it came with an SKB moulded case which seems to be very well made, had no problems. Maybe you got a 'Friday afternoon at the factory' job? the jazz has quickly established itself as my main gig bass now, even the ric doesn't get a lot of use. It's had a badass III installed since this was taken:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='paul, the' post='42130' date='Aug 6 2007, 07:20 PM']I'm going to put pickguard preference as terms in the marriage vows :)[/quote]

why not just "and do you promise to embrace this man through times of good basses and the bad, through the times of many basses and the times of few and Never to criticise his personal taste in pickguards?"

• 3 months later...

Hey there!

That's a beautiful bass, and if i do remember correctly i was going to buy that very bass and i would've done if i hadn't already bought one from sound control in newcastle that very day! Playing well? I should think so! I really should've looked in RockBox before i went through to newcastle, but there you go!

Rich

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='96868' date='Nov 30 2007, 06:19 PM']Hey there!

That's a beautiful bass, and if i do remember correctly i was going to buy that very bass and i would've done if i hadn't already bought one from sound control in newcastle that very day! Playing well? I should think so! I really should've looked in RockBox before i went through to newcastle, but there you go!

Rich[/quote]

I have a feeling he probably doesn't play it much any more :)

I am delighted to be the new owner of this bass, it is every bit as good as Pete describes it, it plays like a dream, and has the sweetest tone of any bass I have ever played.

I have always been a Fender fan but have only ever played Ps before, I was unsure whether it would be right bass for me, but now wonder why I never tried a Jazz before.

My thanks to Pete (and Terri) for giving me the chance to buy and enjoy this. It will be a much loved treasure.

Steve