Why become a member? ×

Bass teacher for complete beginner

Mikey2341

Hi

I'm looking for a Bass teacher, someone who will be patient with a complete beginner suffering from a mid life crisis!

I live in Glossop but work away in York / Harogate during the week (school time) so could do lessons in an evening up in York/ Harrogate or weekend lessons in Glossop/Manchester/Stockport area...

Does anyone have any recomendations?

Thanks

Mike

[quote name='Mikey2341' post='370221' date='Jan 4 2009, 07:10 PM']Hi

I'm looking for a Bass teacher, someone who will be patient with a complete beginner suffering from a mid life crisis!

I live in Glossop but work away in York / Harogate during the week (school time) so could do lessons in an evening up in York/ Harrogate or weekend lessons in Glossop/Manchester/Stockport area...

Does anyone have any recomendations?

Thanks

Mike[/quote]

Ollie Collins is in Stockport(ish) I think.
He took over from me as bass tutor when I left Salford Uni, I hear very good things about him as a teacher, and as a player.. well I taught him at Salford and I think he's good.

[quote name='Mikey2341' post='370221' date='Jan 4 2009, 07:10 PM']Hi

I live in Glossop but work away in York / Harrogate during the week (school time) so could do lessons in an evening up in York/ Harrogate or [snip]...

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Mike[/quote]

As it happens, I am hoping to start lessons with a new teacher in York some time very soon. If it works out (well), I will get back to you with a recommendation.

Nick

[quote name='Mikey2341' post='376549' date='Jan 11 2009, 12:37 AM']Thanks for the replies, I should have my bass withon the next week so would quite like to start the lessons sooner rather than later, so I dont pick up bad habits of the you tubue lessons and also as I think i'll learn faster with a proper teacher,

Cheers

Mike[/quote]

I may be able to help you in Glossop every other weekend. I don't do loads of heavy theory, but I've been teaching on and off for nearly 30 years, so I could get you going.

It depends how long a lesson you want and how much you're happy paying. PM me if you want to discuss.