Why become a member? ×

MusicMan Bongo 4HS

dub_junkie

Finally decided this has to go so if i cant move it here or on the EBMM boards in the next week it will be ebay'd

I gigged it for the first time last night and I just cant get on with the neck p/up placement at all.next week I'm going back to my Sterling H

anyway this bass is phenomenal sounding and is a pretty rare example in white.On the MM forum I read they had issues at the factory colour matching the neck and body and this sounds about right.the neck is stark white whilst the body is more of a cream colour.This bass also has "Custom made" engraved on the neck plate.The bass is from June 2004

the Bongo has no issues at all bar a tiny little bit of paint having come away from the tip of the headstock(about 1mm or so)

It comes with the EBMM hard case.

Looking for £675

will do a trade/part ex/swap for a nice StingRay,another Sterling,USA Jazz S1,G&L etc

cheers

DJ

By far the best looking Bongo I've seen. Reckon it would look even better without the pickguard. Great bass the Bongo as well, sold my 5er as I was moving back to 4 strings and that white is really making me think! I can't, but it's lovely
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='38275' date='Jul 28 2007, 09:33 PM']By far the best looking Bongo I've seen. Reckon it would look even better without the pickguard. Great bass the Bongo as well, sold my 5er as I was moving back to 4 strings and that white is really making me think! I can't, but it's lovely
Chris[/quote]

thanks Chris, yup she looks great and much better in the flesh so to speak,but most of all I've had loads of great comments about its tone.my band leader said he could feel as well as hear the extra bottom end of this thing last night.

I should also mention I'd swap for a Bongo with the single H as well if someone out there has one and fancies a bit of extra tonal options

DJ

[quote name='dub_junkie' post='40262' date='Aug 2 2007, 12:11 AM']yes I am

could it sway you from a G&L?

cheers

DJ[/quote]

What G&L's? No one wants to part with them :)

I like the look of the Bongo. Never played one. They're something a bit different. I really want a bass with a maple fretboard though. Hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...