Why become a member? ×

FT Prometeus "Swan bass" 5 strings - CLIP ADDED

Matte_black

Hello! Since I'm in the market for an amp I thought I could try posting out of my affiliates forum to give BCers a chance for a nice swap...
I'm looking for a good combo, a good cab, a tube preamp... drop me a line and let me know what you have.
What I'd like to give away in trade is an ex-demo bass built by me some months ago... I prefer 30" scale, fretless and 4 strings so it doesn't fit my style. The body shape is the "Swan" - 35" scale, 21 frets 5 strings. Completely made of Padouk with Bois de Rose fingerboard and Barts CB pickup. A very nice bass with a warm and punchy sound. Very good LowB. The new price for a 5er is €850 but since this one is an ex-demo it's worth less. I can ship the bass as is or defret it if the new owner wants me to do it... I bet it would be a good fretless too. I'm interested in pretty much everything "amp-wise" :) ... some examples: Ashdown or Hartke cabs/heads/combos, studio mic preamps (Avalon U5, Focusrite etc.), Behringer EP1500 or 2500+something else... straight trades preferred. [attachment=17884:SUC51952.JPG]

Edited by Matte_black

[quote name='Matte_black' post='367353' date='Dec 31 2008, 06:55 PM']It's a nice amp for sure! Why does it need to be serviced?[/quote]

There's just annoying hum/buzz coming from it and the sound seems to break up kinda easily and I'm too lazy to bring it to an amp tech. I don't use it either an it just sits in my room. Plus I have a Shuttle MAX 12.0 on the way in february.

Thanx for the kind comments, guys :)
I hope you all will take a look at myspace. I have lots of different body shapes. Not everybody's cup of tea but I'm going to create a couple of "traditional" body shapes soon. One will be my personal view of a 2009 J-bass (but with set-neck and "heel-less" construction - like all of my other basses).

A short clip... it had video too but mediacoder decided it wasn't good :)
As usual the bass has been played in flat without equalizer. Only a DI, power amp and a PA cab and the audio has been acquired thru a camera.

[url="http://www.prometeusguitars.com/public/audioclip.avi"]audio clip[/url]

Edited by Matte_black