Why become a member? ×

Guitar bodies

jamesf

Not sure if these are worth posting, but they'll go in the recycling next week if nobody wants one helluva project.

Two guitar bodies, the explorer one is made from a really nice dense hardwood which I can't remember the name of, but cost me about £85 when I was 16, which was several years ago now. I butchered it, and so it's yours if you're willing to put in the time to rescue it.

Second, mahogany body which was destined to be a single pickup les paul special but never quite made it. untidy neck pocket to say the least. probably not worth posting, but I'll offer it before chucking it out.

Yours for postage if you'd like them, or either one.

J

Edited by jamesf

Nngg.

How much of the neck pocket on the double cut would be left if its was tidied up? Could it be made into a bass? I've got all the parts laying about to make either of these into a (likely crude and bodgy) instrument, and the inclination to do so. Whats postage gonna be?

Here's the reult of last time I took something like this on, sacrificed my first electric to the gods of ugly:

hi guys, that was quick!

explorer body has gone.

the double cut will need another piece of wood laminating onto the top to make it thick enough to be viable. to be honest I don't think it's worth rescuing if you're not local, and it's waay to small to make a bass - the neck diveness would be a sight to behold. My idea was to make an ultra lightweight, thin guitar but I made a balls of it.

cheapest postage I can find is about £9, but if anybody can find cheaper, I'm happy to send by your preferred method.

J

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='366803' date='Dec 31 2008, 01:37 AM']Nngg.

How much of the neck pocket on the double cut would be left if its was tidied up? Could it be made into a bass? I've got all the parts laying about to make either of these into a (likely crude and bodgy) instrument, and the inclination to do so. Whats postage gonna be?

Here's the reult of last time I took something like this on, sacrificed my first electric to the gods of ugly:
[/quote]

damn that's an ugly guitar! :)

• 2 weeks later...