Why become a member? ×

2008 Official Vintage Guitar Magazine Price Guide

The Burpster

[quote name='The Burpster' post='366468' date='Dec 30 2008, 06:15 PM']Errm does anyone have a copy of said chronicle?

I have the '09 one on order but could do with a kind BC colleague just flicking thru to a certain beast if anyone does have it....

Ta ....[/quote]

I've each since 2004 :)

Wow....

Thanks fellas.... would one of you be so kind as to check what it values my (mint 100%) 1991 Fender custom shop 40th Anniversary Ltd edition P bass at and PM me with the result please....? the Blue Book doesn't have it in because of the limited numbers :)

I'm trying to broker a deal in the US and need to what the comics vaule them at over there!

HUGE thanks....

[quote name='The Burpster' post='366827' date='Dec 31 2008, 07:27 AM']Wow....

Thanks fellas.... would one of you be so kind as to check what it values my (mint 100%) 1991 Fender custom shop 40th Anniversary Ltd edition P bass at and PM me with the result please....? the Blue Book doesn't have it in because of the limited numbers :)

I'm trying to broker a deal in the US and need to what the comics vaule them at over there!

HUGE thanks....[/quote]

2008 book says $1300-$1400 I'm afraid Bob, seems to have gone down in value since 2006 and 2007 (2006 value was $1400-$1700). I always took a keen interest in this particular price point as for quite a while the 40th was the only thing I owned of any value :huh:

Good luck

Chris

[quote name='The Burpster' post='366838' date='Dec 31 2008, 08:30 AM']Thanks Chris....

Thats sufficient a difference to allow me to 'come back' with another offer. :)

Its a huge shame because its a wonderful bass (by far the best Fender I've been near!) but it seems unfashionable currently...

I guess there cant be many more than mine and the one that you owned in the UK.....[/quote]

Probably not, and as you say, a great bass but very unfashionable, I had a nightmare selling mine. Would have thought it would appeal to the boutique fans out there? I guess the fact that it doesn't appear in the 2009 book suggests that virtually none were bought or sold in 2008 so the 2008 figure is not reall representative of what they might go for now?
All the best mate
Chris

[quote name='sixshooter' post='366844' date='Dec 31 2008, 08:51 AM']Very strange that!

The three people that were involved in this thread all had very rare 1991 40th Ann P basses?

Sold mine to a friend about 3 years ago, he now lives in France and has still got it.

What is the chances of that? :)[/quote]

Well, we're all bass players and, I can speak for myself and Bob, seem to get through several per year, ergo the chances are pretty high :huh: