Why become a member? ×

Accugroove in UK

AxelF

Hi guys, new member here. My current rig is a Mark Bass LMII into an Accugroove Tri 112L, and is pretty close to the perfect rig for me. I've recently had surgery on a slipped disc so weight is an extremely important factor for me, but not compromising on sound.

This rig pretty much covers all situations I've needed to cover - pubs, clubs, theatres etc, except for the few occasions where we're in medium sized venues with no in house PA support, where I could maybe do with a little more. I'm looking to add an Accugroove Tri 115L, which i think would pretty much be it for me in terms of rigs anyway... I tried a 115 in the Bass Gallery when I bought the 112, about 18 months ago, but for the single cab option I went with the 112.

Anyway, long story short, the price on the Gallery's website states £805 for the Tri 115, which is a hefty whack, but worth it IMO but on phoning them up I was told it was going to be £1175. Now that's a big increase and hard to justify I think when they are going in the US for $1039, which even by todays exchange rate is only £709.

Does anyone know of any other Accugroove stockists/dealers in the UK? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Axel

Looking at Accugroove's web site it seems that The Gallery is the UK distributor...

Plus you need to remember that prices quoted on US sites will be without sales tax and delivery charges. By the time you add shipping to the UK, import duty and VAT (all things that any importer of US goods be they a distributor/shop or private individual have to account for) you're going to be looking at at least £1100 at the current exchange rate.

Unfortunately if you want to pay US type prices on US-made gear you'll need to be living in the US.

What he said. Thats why often a dollar price turns into a pound price. Usually retailers only have to honour the internet prices for internet sales unfortunately, but the gallery dont have internet sales in the usual sense so you could insist they match the advertised price.

One thing puzzles me though - if you bought a Tri 112 in preference to a Tri 115, why do you think a Tri 112 and Tri 115 will sound better than two Tri 112's?

The Gallery possibly don't have them in, I don't recall seeing any last week when I was there, and the way the dollar has gone up recently that's probably the price now.

Two Tri112's sound amazing.

I bought one back from the US two years, I bought it from the Grooveshoppe, I flew via CDG in Paris and consequently when I landed home in Birmingham didn't pay any import taxes, I guess the customs people thought I'd bought the big box in Paris.

Have you considered buying a used one from Talkbass perhaps, they do come up for sale occasionally.