SurroundedByManatees

FS/FT: Music Man Stingray 30th anniversary 2006 with original tolex case (only 783 made)
£1395
Netherlands

Music Man Stingray 30th Anniversary 

Up for sale is a great Stingray. It's a 30th anniversary model from 2006. Apparently these are scarce, as only 783 were produced. 

8kNH4rf.jpg

The body is made of mahogany, which is unusual for a Music Man. The neck is made of a high grade figured maple. Stunning! The body and neck are completely finished in a transparent crimson red. 

Picture time:

oEVlkYS.jpg

C7QEx1s.jpg

Xv7l84B.jpg

WfOAbK8.jpg

KQdr0ML.jpg

8qFYJ0d.jpg

UFSlxz4.jpg

BPDmBLk.jpg

WkR5Rpf.jpg

k94iCFQ.jpg

LBnRAQn.jpg

IeQ67tk.jpg

FwHT47l.jpg

dJmPgFr.jpg

79OyiQS.jpg

Its a great, open sounding Ray. I've had a few and played a bunch, and this is definitely one of the best sounding I've encountered. It even sounds great with dead strings! 

The Ray is in good shape. It has its user marks, but nothing serious. It's mostly surface scratching and a dent at the bottom. 

The original tolex hardcase is included. 

The bass is now fitted with fresh DR fat beams. 

I've had this listed earlier, but withdrawn it due to doubts as it is a great bass. I haven't played it since withdrawing it, so I made up my mind and decided to let it go for real now. I still have a Sabre for the MM sound, so I'm happy :)

Asking €1.550 (which is around £1395 nowadays) 

The bass is located in the Netherlands, but could be shipped fully insured within europe/UK. 

Reasonable cash offers and (partial) trades are welcome; fretless blade jazz, bunch of effects pedals per example. I am not looking for 1-1 trades, but you may try to tempt me with a RcknBckr, 70s fretless precision or vintage mustang bass....

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 1

I own one of the other 782! Everything you would expect from a Stingray + more sustain and richer mids from the mahogany body. Described by Sterling  Ball as best sounding Stingray they have made. I understand why every time I play it. Awesome bass with stunning crimson finish. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hellzero
      ARIES Senes VS 6 Custom Signature, hyper rare, unique model !

Asking price : £2245 GBP !!!

In fully working condition and real good condition. This bass has never been modified, except for the changed strap pins.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : 7 pieces with, in order of appearance, red alder top, wenge veneer, maple veneer, mahogany core, maple veneer, wenge veneer, red alder back
      Neck : 5 pieces neckthrough flamed maple, wenge, maple, wenge, flamed maple
      Fingerboard : Macassar ebony
      Frets : 24
      Headstock : 3 + 3
      Tuners : Hipshot Ultralite
      Pickups : Aries Custom Neodymium humbuckers
      Preamp : Aries Custom Solfegio 3 bands 18 Volts
      Controls : volume (active / passive), blend, bass, mids and treble, 1 switch per pickup for series / single / parallel modes
      Bridge : Hipshot Type A
      Strings spacing at bridge : 18 mm
      Nut : brass
      Truss rod : dual action
      Strings spacing at nut : 9 mm
      Knobs : Aries Custom wood following the same pattern as the body
      Scale : 35"
      Hardware colour : gold
      Finish : gloss
      Land of craftsmanship : Croatia
      Serial number : 010109
      Year : January 2009
      Weight : 5.4 kilos
      Action : from 1,5 mm under the C string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th position

Will come with a generic semi-rigid case.

Non-smoking environment, as usual.

The Šabić brothers, at the origin of the brand, are, for one, classical luthier and, for the other, electronics engineer. They manufacture instruments of excellent craftsmanship and with handpicked electronic components. Unfortunately, they stopped the production of their always unique and hand-made instruments to work for a brand-name Custom Shop three years ago ... This is, therefore, a unique instrument made to measure for an Italian bassist and I am the third owner. It is an ultra-versatile and super rare bass.

The new price in 2009 was around 4.500 Euros…

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has two new batteries and has been fitted with a brand new set of LaBella Super Steps SS45CB strings (29 - 45 - 65 - 85 - 105 - 128).

Link to all the high resolution photos and the below sound clip : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eich-IrjiKGxx3wAHupJPHlKSj_bNxjh

Link to a video made by my friend Vincent : 

Here, a sound clip recorded with this very bass, except for the fretless intro and outro, by the same Vincent : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jezFSCAl3S_3Yl_dNcurxnARbRvVeAZ5/view

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures taken under different lights to see the real condition : some few marks, especially close to the bottom strap pin and the usual light scratches, but nothing serious at all.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

• By SurroundedByManatees
      Music Man Stingray 30th Anniversary 
      Up for sale is a great Stingray. It's a 30th anniversary model from 2006. Apparently these are scarce, as only 783 were produced. 

The body is made of mahogany, which is unusual for a Music Man. The neck is made of a high grade figured maple. Stunning! The body and neck are completely finished in a transparent crimson red. 
      Picture time:

Its a great, open sounding Ray. I've had a few and played a bunch, and this is definitely one of the best sounding I've encountered. It even sounds great with dead strings! 
      The Ray is in good shape. It has its user marks, but nothing serious. It's mostly surface scratching and a dent at the bottom. 
      The original tolex hardcase is included. 
      The bass is now fitted with fresh DR fat beams. 
      Asking €1.550 (which is around £1395 nowadays) 
      The bass is located in the Netherlands, but could be shipped fully insured within europe/UK. 
      Reasonable cash offers and partial trades are considered. No 1-1 trades, unless you have a vintage mustang bass to offer. 
    • By FLea's Fluffer
      I've owned this rare beast from new, back when you had to wait 3 months for them to be made. Freakish light, huge bottom end and stupidly loud, being capable of delivering the same output as two 8x10's cabs. It needs a decent amp to drive it but nothing crazy. When I used a Darkglass 900w in rehersals I had to switch it into lower power mode if I want to be able to up the gain much.
      It hasn't been regularly gigged and is in great condition. The sound quality is fantastic, they are pretty special guys at barefaced. The tightness in the low end is remarkable. You will see from the link below you cannot buy these anymore and they don't do anything with 15-inch speakers these days just 10's and 12's.
      The only signs of ageing are cosmetic and I have tried to capture them in the pictures. The plastic brackets of the handles have faded or been marked, the corner guards have some wear and what the pictures cant pick up is that If you stand in front of it and peer directly down the face of the grill, and the light is just right, you might notice a slight variance in darkness on freshly painted parts that had some light scratching from bloody cymbal stands being lent against it. Drummers! I touched these up with the official barefaced bass touch up kit. There is plenty left and I will include this. The badge looks worn but it's actually that the plastic protector is on still.
      I'm open to realistic offers but not trades as I'm not in a band anymore.
      Pick up is preferred. I'm not against meeting halfway by car or posting but it is very expensive. UK postage (48 hr, Royal mail, tracked and signed for) is £87 fully insured, £57 without insurance.
      Cash or Bank transfer preferred. Paypal only if you pick up the fees. 
      https://barefacedbass.com/product-range/dubster.htm

• By Raspatue
      5500 GBP
      I am selling this beautiful Carl Thompson bass as it is not getting the playing time it needs or deserves.
      Its build by Carl himself in the early 90s. it has an EMG pickup and active electronics. the neck is 36"
      It has a rare wooden bridge and a rare "hook" shaped upper horn.
      The neck is Padauk with Ebony frettboard. i think the top is charry and the wings are mahogany. i am not sure what the center block is.
      If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or send me a private message.
      Trade with other basses and guitars are possible.
      The bass is located in Denmark.

• By Alberto Rigoni
      Perfect conditions. Sounds and looks amazing. Quite rare. Made in Japan under license of Music Man (parts came from USA, only assembled in Japan) in the eighties.
      No gig bag but I can provide one. Shipping included in UE.