Woodinblack

*SOLD* Phil Jones Bass Cub - BG100
£300
Yeovil

Phil Jones Bass Cub - BG100 in great condition, ie, pretty well as new. Complete with case, strap (unused), lead, bag, documentation etc.

Got this earlier in the year at a bass bash but have just used it for practice since. I have now got a bose battery PA which I am using for the same thing so this is sitting not being used.

Its a great thing for playing at home or in quieter or acoustic gigs, or round a friends house, but it won't keep up with an enthusiastic drummer obviously. Its 100 watts.

Would rather not post it because I am terribly lazy, but if needs must I will do! Happy to drive it anywhere 50 miles of yeovil, or to meet somewhere.

Sexy reclining on a chair pose:

pj_side.thumb.jpg.e69fc0fb3b719bf6fc1478bb9596c580.jpg

Full Frontal - note the little spring loaded leg at the front.

pj_front.thumb.jpg.af4211c50f4c8b3182e5f49e156cd4ff.jpg

Stripping down to show off a fine pair of 5 inchers..

pj_spkrs.thumb.jpg.5279876506b4620ad341241a18fd67b4.jpg

Taunting from within the bag

pj_bag.thumb.jpg.c47abbbbfb0d7ab1d7c743c3c7a88154.jpg

A nice shot of the rear end - note the white patches are glare rather than dirt or dust.

pj_back.thumb.jpg.09ce67a6a9ccaff53b5595be09108dad.jpg

Full on control panel. 2 types of input for Mic / Bass, inc a combined XLR / Jack on the guitar side and a switch for lower level.

Level / Bass / mid / treble for both channels, a limiter with level, an ipod style input (lead included), headphone and master volume.

pj_controls.thumb.jpg.2855cbeb441b98790add0d0cca87bbe2.jpg

Edited by Woodinblack
  • Like 1

Cracking Combo’s these are, second input works well for another bass, guitar if feeling jazzy or Mic - GLWTS 

3hrs of driving is a ryan air flight for me :)  My wife does a lot of work in Cornwall - I'll ask when her next trip is scheduled.  Maybe you could meet up along the M5 - 

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jay J
      Excellent condition, little used. Phil Jones BG 100 bass cub combo. Black. Bought in may 2018. 2 channels, 2 x 3 band EQ, mic input, headphone out, DI out, pre amp out. 12" by 10.8" by 7.8". 2 x PJB Neopower type A speakers. Weight is 13.2  lbs/6 kilos. Volts 100 to 240 AC. Tilt option. Padded Phil Jones Carry Case. Personal in person for a cash sale only/no posting possible...

• By matthewkeyss
      Hi Guys 
      I am selling a 2 channel Aguilar AG500 amp head. It is in pretty nice condition, and comes with the pictured case, power cable and also the channel footswitch. 
      Collection from Maidstone, Kent. Until the 5th February, I can possibly sort out postage within the UK at buyers expense (courier and packaging). 
      You can contact me on here, or by mobile at +44 seven 429 58812 six. 
      Thanks!
      Matt 
      P.s. I have been locked out of my old basschat account but can be found here: https://www.basschat.co.uk/profile/11275-matthewkeys/

• By Beer of the Bass
      70s Dynacord Eminent II amplifier.  This is a valve powered amplifier originally intended for PA use, using a pair of EL34 run at high voltages for a rated output of 80 watts.  In stock form the amp had a four channel transistor preamp, and was built to be very clean and linear sounding.  The perspex front panel has green lights behind it, so it's quite stylish in a kitschy way!  
      I have modified the amp by removing two of the transistor preamp channels and building a preamp based on a late 60s Ampeg B15n using a 6sl7 valve.  This is the four black controls on the right of the front panel.  I used a high voltage FET stage to match the output and impedance requirements of the 6sl7 preamp to the power amp section of the Dynacord, but the signal path for this bypasses all of the original transistor preamp circuitry.  I have also rebuilt the power amp with new filter capacitors and a new pair of JJ E34L valves, and set the bias to suit them.  The two original input channels and their master volume and EQ are still functional too. 
      With the Ampeg style preamp, it provides a very pleasing classic bass sound, and would be a good addition to a retro-minded studio or for moderate volume live use.  It doesn't provide heavily overdriven sounds, but with the preamp gain turned up it does a great subtle breakup that thickens up the sound nicely, and it also has a nice range of clean bass tones.  It's quiet in terms of background noise too.  
      It's relatively compact for a valve head, and comes with a well used but useful ABS flight case to carry it in.  It has impedance selectors on the back panel to run 4, 8 or 16 ohm cabs.  
      I realise this has been around for a while - I've found a suitable box to pack it in, including the plastic case pictured.  So it's now £180 including postage via Parcelforce 48.

• By spyder
      Due to massive over spend this Christmas I'm going to put my Trace Elliot AH600-12 up for sale. 
      It is Boxed and in 9.5 out of 10 condition. 
      New JJ valves have been installed and it comes complete with pedal board, cable, instruction book and gig cover. 
      Collection most welcome. 
      Price includes UK postage.
      £335 PayPal, bank transfer or cash on collection. 

• By Tullfan
      I love this bass players tone. I wonder if anyone can help identify what and how the bass player has achieved it. 
      Equipment and settings if you can work it out would be great! ☺️🙏🏼
      Thanks guys! 👍🏼