Why become a member? ×

Single DR Neon strings

Jakester

Does anyone know if a source for single DR Neon strings?

I’m considering stringing my 5 E-C but it has Neons on it and I don’t want to have to buy another 6-string pack just for the top C!

Alternatively, if not, can anyone recommend a good source of single strings that would work with the DRs?

1 hour ago, Jakester said:

Does anyone know if a source for single DR Neon strings?

I’m considering stringing my 5 E-C but it has Neons on it and I don’t want to have to buy another 6-string pack just for the top C!

Alternatively, if not, can anyone recommend a good source of single strings that would work with the DRs?

I have the same with DR Bs as I use a singl 125 with a 40-100 set. Mark at Bass Direct gets me them... but I have to wait and order when he does he bulk ordering.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/09/2019 at 11:40, EBS_freak said:

I have the same with DR Bs as I use a singl 125 with a 40-100 set. Mark at Bass Direct gets me them... but I have to wait and order when he does he bulk ordering.

Mark sold me the 4 highest strings from a 6 string set meaning I got the 30-85 from the set.

Confirms that Mark is the gentleman his reputations suggests. 👍

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update this, Unfortunately BD weren’t able to help, and although DR were really quick in forwarding my query to the UK distributor, the latter never bothered to reply, which is disappointing. 

Ended up buying a 4-string set of ‘normal’ nickel strings and the buying a random top c string off EBay - a different brand but doesn’t seem to make any difference at this stage!

42 minutes ago, Jakester said:

Just to update this, Unfortunately BD weren’t able to help, and although DR were really quick in forwarding my query to the UK distributor, the latter never bothered to reply, which is disappointing. 

Ended up buying a 4-string set of ‘normal’ nickel strings and the buying a random top c string off EBay - a different brand but doesn’t seem to make any difference at this stage!

Oh, that's sh1tty news.

Get back to DR and say that the UK distributor aren't responding. I'm sure a message from DR would shake the distributor up a bit, afterall, nobody wants to use strings where the distributor is flakey.

26 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Oh, that's sh1tty news.

Get back to DR and say that the UK distributor aren't responding. I'm sure a message from DR would shake the distributor up a bit, afterall, nobody wants to use strings where the distributor is flakey.

Yeah, I could do, but it’s a single string so not a massive issue.