Why become a member? ×

NS Wav4 Electric Upright Bass

fatrabbit

Hi,

I'm selling my Ned Steinberger (NS) Wav4 Electric Upright Bass (in red), which includes stand and gig bag.

The bass is in excellent condition, exactly as I received it new. I just haven't had the time to dedicate to learning this beast and it needs a good home.

Looking for offers around the £600-650 mark. My location is near Bath, south-west.

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow if desired.

Edited by fatrabbit

I was looking at the Thomann prices which is more than £850 (usually the cheapest but I guess that's taken a hit since Sterling collapsed against the Euro).

How about offers around £600-650 then?

And there's no such model as the NS Wav CR4M (take the Wav bit out for the high-end models!).

[quote name='fatrabbit' post='361820' date='Dec 23 2008, 11:33 AM']I was looking at the Thomann prices which is more than £850 (usually the cheapest but I guess that's taken a hit since Sterling collapsed against the Euro).

How about offers around £600-650 then?

And there's no such model as the NS Wav CR4M (take the Wav bit out for the high-end models!).[/quote]

NS CR4M it [b]'isn't'[/b] then! :)

[quote name='fatrabbit' post='361867' date='Dec 23 2008, 12:19 PM']It's a really nice playable upright. If I had the CR4M, [b]I'd probably be sipping champagne and swinging from my £500,000 chandelier[/b]![/quote]

I'm sure that it is a really nice playable bass but the implication about the value of a CR4M puzzles. There have been a few of the CR4M EUB sold on here and they were only a couple hundred quid more than you want for your bass! :)

I realise a couple of hundred quid is a couple of hundred quid but when you're looking at something like these instruments it isn't 'that' huge of a difference... is it?

A reminder to all that it's the sellers prerogative to advertise their item at whatever price they see fit, and if anyone considers that price to be too high then to please PM the seller rather than publicly ridicule their price.

[quote name='Machines' post='361937' date='Dec 23 2008, 01:18 PM']A reminder to all that it's the sellers prerogative to advertise their item at whatever price they see fit, and if anyone considers that price to be too high then to please PM the seller rather than publicly ridicule their price.[/quote]

You have a PM. :)

Well a CR4M is more than 2 and a half times the price of a Wav4.

My bass is in like new condition because it's been kept in the corner of my smoke-free studio literally untouched except a few times. It still has the original strings. That's why I want to sell it - because I need the money and i'm not doing it justice.