Why become a member? ×

SOLD 1980 Pre-EB Stingray

Beedster

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='366501' date='Dec 30 2008, 06:48 PM']I had the opportunity to play Chris's Ray this afternoon and it was very sweet indeed. Pre-Bay bump![/quote]

Cheers mate, and thanks for the mince pies. Yep, you sure made the 'ray sound sweet, best rendition of rhythm stick I've heard in a while, almost made me want to keep the bass. Hope I've converted you to flats :huh:

Now on the 'bay at a suitably inflated price (Paypal and ebay fees are over £100 for a £1500 sale :) ). I will of course close the listing early for a good trade/PX or cash offer here.

Come on people, someone must have a good Precision they want to swap for a 'ray?

Chris

[quote name='Neil H' post='366593' date='Dec 30 2008, 08:48 PM']£1000 to £1500 in 2 months not a bad mark up![/quote]

Neil, what's your problem? This is the second time you've posted a negative comment on this thread. Did I shag your bird or something? As it says above, I paid the equivalent of £1350 for it, it is listed at £1500 ono on ebay, which means it's likely to go for about £1350-1400, which then means, once I've paid over £100 in ebay and Paypal fees, I make a nett loss. Why don't you get a life and find something constructive to say.
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='364355' date='Dec 27 2008, 06:24 PM']Cheers mate, sure you don't want to get rid of your '73 :)[/quote]

I thought you preferred the sunburst ones? Mines a tatty black one. :huh:

I hope you have better luck on ebay with it mate.

[quote name='bigthumb' post='366936' date='Dec 31 2008, 11:11 AM']I thought you preferred the sunburst ones? Mines a tatty black one. :)

I hope you have better luck on ebay with it mate.[/quote]

LOL, the sunburst thing just happened to be honest, all of a sudden I realised all my basses had the same finish. nothing planned? Black is fine, in fact, black is probably THE iconic colour for a '70s Precision.
Are you letting it go then?
Chris