Why become a member? ×

1st ever gig. Supporting Newton Faulkner!

SkinnyMike

My band have finally got ourselves a gig and we couldnt be happier. Its supporting the amazingly talanted Newton Faulkner at a charity gig in in about 18 hours. Im so excited about it and even though its only a 20 min set i can't wait to be playing in front of 500 people.

So if anyone is going to a charity gig to see Faulkner in Redhill on Saterday evening then you will get to see us play acoustic versions of our songs and a few covers.

:) :huh: :huh:

Edited by the_house123

Well it was a great night last night, we ended with the acoustic version of like a stone by Audioslave and the crowd seemed to really enjoy that.
The highlight for me was when we were giving out our demo C.D's at the end, one kid had got his mom to ask us if we could give him a C.D because he liked us soo much but was too scared to approach us. We had a little chat with him and he just looked so inspired. Made me feel really great about the gig as even if the rest of the crowd didn't like it, at least one person really enjoyed it!

[quote name='Merton' post='359618' date='Dec 20 2008, 03:03 PM']Dude, you should've told me earlier! Can't make it now :) Is it at the Harlequin?

Newton Faulkner used to support my function band about 5 years ago when we played in the Feathers in Merstham, hehe. Small world :huh:[/quote]

Yeh sorry Martin, it would have been great to see you again but i actually only found out about it on Thursday so we had two days to get our act together. Its been quite a crazy two days! It was actually held in the St Beads school hall. The lighting guy did an absolutly fantastic job turning the hall it into a professional looking stage. Faulkner was a great guy to talk to aswell, sooo chilled out and such a nice bloke.