Left leaderboard
PKeri

Yamaha BB1100s 1984 Japan ***SOLD***
£580
Hemel Hempstead

I offer my vintage Yamaha for sale or trade. I've been having this for about 6 years so it's been my longest serving bass so far.
Apart from the two dings you may see on the photo it looks like new (36 years old!). Upgraded with Hipshot Ultralite Lic Tuners and ebony ramp. The upgrade is reversible if you wish to use the original hardware.
The ramp is very well made and follows the neck radius. Give it 2 weeks and you'll be addicted to it.

-Alder body
-34" Maple Neck, 44 mm nut width
-Rosewood Fingerboard
-19-20 mm string spacing (adjustable)
-Very light (3.6 kg) and perfectly balanced due to the Ultralite keys
-Original pickups and 3 way preamp
-Passive tone
-Truss rod is perfectly functional
-Original machine heads included
-Gigbag included

Trade, p/x for 16.0-16.5 mm string spacing basses (f.e. Status, 5 string Ibanez SR series, Carvin, BB5000), electric guitar or compact bass head (Cash either way).

Collection from Hemel Hempstead. Shipping to UK/Europe at buyers expense.

Edited by PKeri
Sold

Oh man, I had one of these as my first ‘proper’ bass. Seriously good basses these, would love this but funds won’t allow.

I had a fretless BB1100s back in the day and it was a great bass, really well constructed and from what I remember a great neck on it too. Recorded and did some geat gigs with it and was always my go to bass for about two years.

GLWTS

Reduced to £500, but without gigbag. Trade options added.

Reduced to £450 with original bridge. Gigbag included

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By StuarDaddy
      Hi 
      I have for sale an 80s Fender Japan 75 reissue Jazz Bass in 3TS stamped as a JB75-80 with an E740531 serial number. This dates between 85-87 but looking online more likely to be an 86 from what I’ve seen. I can honestly say it’s the best condition 80s Fender bass I’ve ever seen. There are a couple of marks as shown but they are insignificant. The neck is in perfect condition as is the headstock with no signs of leaning or balancing at all. The body i believe is Ash and the finish on top is flawless. I have taken as many photos as I can to reflect the condition. The action is low and fast and the neck is quite shallow, nowhere near as deep as my 73 Jazz. It has the micro tilt neck, the Bullet Truss rod turns smoothly and shows no sign of wear, the frets are perfect, the binding on the rosewood neck is immaculate, the neck pocket is tight as anything. I have replaced the black original scratchplate with a fender original tortoishell one which just looks cooler to my eye, that cost 65 pounds itself. The original black one is included in the sale as is the Hiscox hardshell case. I’m asking for £1100 as I haven’t seen one as good as this. It is listed by a friend on Facebook as I don’t have an account if you see it elsewhere. Selling as I’m saving for a 60s PB so no trades thanks unless you have a Pre CBS Precision you want to get rid of 😂
      Oh and it weighs 5.3kg as to be expected with these.
      Happy to post, meet or open to someone to safely try it out. 

Thanks for looking

• By SurroundedByManatees
      Gibson SB-450 
      Cool and rare Gibson from the '70s. Apparently less then 1.000 were made, so there aren't too many of them around. 
      Pictures:

As you can see from the pictures, the bass has been used. It has a lot of user marks and finish checking all over. The bridge has been replaced (original one in poor condition is still there), as well as the truss rod cover. It should be mentioned that the plastic cover of the bridge pickup has broken at the point where the adjustment screw enters. Someone tried to melt it together again, but its still loose. I've set the hight, and left it this way. 
      Further this bass is in good functional condition. The neck is straight and all hardware and electronics function like they should. 
      This bass plays and sounds great. It has an open, clear and full punchy sound. Not what is usually expected from a Gibson. It's also a very light instrument; my kitchen scale says it's only 3,35 kilos! 
      The original hardcase is included. 
      Asking €1.100 (approx £975)
      The bass is located in the Netherlands. Shipping is not a problem. 
    • By Chienmortbb
      These were fitted to my Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass but as I was having trouble with my shoulder I shelled out for some Gotoh Resolites for the Aerodyne . These  are often described as Smoke Chrome, or Cosmo Black and look great on the bass. The tuners will be nicely packed in the Gotoh Packaging pictured (and more). All the fittings are included as can be seen in the puictures. Here are a few scratches as can be seen in the photos but they are in good conditiion for there age and use. As far as I know there are differences between USA, Mexican and Japanese Fenders so please check before you buy. I will of course answer any question and will put some dimensions.

on later.

• By Captain Bassman
      Price drop £5,250 £5,000 cash
      or
      Trade considered with late model Status Series 2 or Series 3 5-string (headless or headed) with cash my way.
      Hi all,
      For sale, my beautiful 1966 Fender Precision in fantastic condition, all original (as far as I am aware) with original finish and original Fender hard case (including Fender catalogue).
      This is a player’s bass, not a case queen, but has been extremely well cared for by previous owners as well as by me.
       It has light signs of wear and some dings as you’d expect a 54 year old to have. I’ve gigged the bass extensively in the time I’ve owned it and always kept/transported it in a Hiscox LiteFlite case, not the OHSC.
      Apart from some minor body chips and scratches there are a couple of small dents in the neck behind frets 1-3 but these aren’t noticeable under the hand. There’s also some lovely light checking to the lacquer on the headstock and rear of the body. I’ve tried to capture these as best I can with my phone camera.
      Pups, pots, wiring and solder joints all look all original. The pups are still bonded to the black foam and backing plate. No dating is evident and I didn’t want to risk separating them to try and find out.
      Pots are stamped 6618 which I believe is week 18 of 1966 (kindly correct me if I’m wrong).
      The date stamp on the neck is partially faded and obscured by red ink but this is how it was when I bought it. To my eyes it reads 5 MAY 66 C. The neck is classic P chunky, solid and straight with a fully functioning truss rod and reverse tuners on the headstock.
      Beautiful striping on the rosewood fingerboard and there’s plenty of life left in the slim frets. The bass is currently strung with LaBella flats.
      Comfortably light, on the digital bathroom scales it comes in at 8.6 lbs / 3.9 kg.
      The case has a few dings and a couple of smallish rips but inside is clean and plush and all catches and hinges function (I don’t have the keys though). It came to me with a 1967-68 Fender catalogue inside which is in lovely condition and a really nice piece of history.
      This is a beautiful example of a mid-60’s P bass with a classic full burpy sound that sits so well in the band mix.
      Now... I know there are some real vintage aficionados and experts on the forum so in the spirit of openness and honesty I want to mention 3 things;
      Control knobs. These are more than likely the originals but still look brand new. I have no way of knowing as these were the knobs it came to me with but I am just saying as someone pointed it out to me.
      Ashtrays. Both are in really good clean condition and I believe are the originals. They show light scratching close up which doesn’t come out in the photos. Inside the bridge cover there is no evidence left of any foam mutes but there is some surface roughness in that area.
      E string tuner. Fully operational and stable but a bit stiffer than the other 3. I’ve had it apart and lubricated it, can’t see anything wrong, so it’s a bit better but wanted to point this out to potential buyers. 
      I’m offering this bass for sale only (no trades thank you) at a competitive price based on what I’ve seen similar condition basses advertised by reputable dealers.
      I’m happy to ship within UK only at the buyer’s expense or arrange personal socially-distanced collection within a reasonable radius (location KT18).
      No EU/overseas transactions due to CITES restrictions still in force around Brazilian rosewood.
      (More photos are available if needed).
      Many thanks for any interest!
      David

• By Giazonne Reyes
      Hello! 
      Great workhorse basses, these. Details below:
      :

Weight: 9.7 lbs / 4.4 kg on the bathroom scales
      Scale: 34” 
      Bridge: 19mm 
      21 frets 
      Nut: 1 11/16” 
      Radius: 10”
      Body: Alder 
      Neck: Maple 
      Fingerboard: Rosewood
      Bolt-on neck 
      Hardware: Gold
      Pickups: 2 alnico single coil (stacked hum cancelling)
      Electronics: volume, blend, 3 band EQ (+/- treble / bass and two mids presets - the mid control is a 3-way rotary selector switch to select between flat and the two presets) 
      Mother of Pearl and Abalone inlays, gloss finish
      It's a really nice active super-jazz. Without the offset body. An example of this model demo'd very expertly here: 
      ...by the redoubtable Jeff Andrews (RIP); and this actual bass demo'd significantly less effectively here, by me: 

Happy to answer any questions here on the thread or by PM.
      Shipping: obvs better for you to come and try out here in Elephant & Castle (I'll provide some socially-distanced biscuits and a cuppa), but if that's not possible, I can ship to you via your choice of courier at your additional expense, or, if it's reasonable, deliver to you in my car for a contribution to the fuel money, whichever is cheaper for you.
      Trades: thank you, no. 
      Many thanks for checking out the ad!