boroman

1966 Ampeg B-15N
£2199
Wroclaw

Beautiful B-15N from 1966 - produced in this option for less than a year (single-baffle cab/navy blue tolex/B15NF circuit). It sounds phenomenal - rich and creamy bass tones due to original square magnet CTS speaker. Amp was recently serviced with new caps, new foam inside cab, NOS tubes, grounded power cord and 1/4" input (if you know those amps, you also know that the pins are so small that they can easily break when connecting, so this is common upgrade. Original 5-pin is still there for sometic and historical reasons). Everything was set up, biased and cleaned. 

Shipping to EU/UK is £70

66-00.jpg

66-01.jpg

66-03.jpg

66-06.jpg

66-07.jpg

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, sblueplanet said:

A work of art as well as the tone of a thousand + hit singles 🤖

Agreed.

There were 3 versions of that cabinet and let's say 2 major version of circuits in B15N. This one is single baffle, a total "thump" tone with p-bass. Later thiele cabs had more bass anbd were kind of nasal in the mids, but I like it too. Never cared for the double baffle early ones... 

I have the same model and love it!  Mine also has a connection to the Beatles, Stones and others that makes it even more special to me!

IMG_1341.PNG

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lovetheblues said:

I have the same model and love it!  Mine also has a connection to the Beatles, Stones and others that makes it even more special to me!

IMG_1341.PNG

Yeah! Lovely. Congrats! These are real holy grail sound machines when properly serviced. What's the story behind Beatles/Stones it has, If I may ask? I have 8x10 cab that belonged to Phil Lynott and some time ago I sold V4+4x12 cab that was Johnny Ramone's one (from NY studio).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Duroc17
      DeArmond Starfire bass by Guild from 99 (Korean) with original gold foil pups - recently set up with heavy gauge bass Jamerson style flats for great thumpy tone - just recorded with it, very smooth tone. Has real solid build for semi - not like some that feel like a toy - fret wear good, neck good, intonation great. Solid build for a semi, new jack hole in front. No real blemishes for age - couple of small surface scratches - comes with non original hard case - feel free to ask questions
      Also available Ampeg pf50t with pf210 cab that it goes in - £800 - sorry cant ship this as valves etc and it's about 25kg all in - but welcome to come try it in studio in Preston North west
      Prefer cash on collection from Clitheroe or Preston - can drive within an hour of both

• By cb1
      Ampeg SVT-112 AV
      £225      (Best new price seems to be about £450)
      Generally good condition, a few marks on the covering and corners that I have tried to show.   Nothing serious and a good solid cab. Only used in the last 2/3 years as a back up.
      Very manageable weight wise, with the one handle, can be used landscape or portrait.
      3 way switch for the Tweeter.
      I'm based Stockport (south Manchester)
      Details from the Ampeg website below:
      The Ampeg SVT-112AV bass enclosure delivers pure Ampeg tone in a ported cabinet design that bridges the gap between the fast transient response you want and the rich low end you deserve.
      The SVT-112AV features a 12″ custom Eminence® LF driver and a 1″ compression driver with 3-way level control in a rugged cab with vintage Ampeg styling. 
      Rated to handle 300W RMS at 8ohms, the SVT-112AV is a great match with the V-4B, PF-350, Micro-VR or for integrating with other Ampeg cabs in your rig. 

RMS Power Handling: 300 Watts
      Frequency Response (-3dB): 70 Hz-18 kHz
      Usable Low Frequency (-10 dB): 35 Hz
      Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
      Sensitivity: 96 dB
      Maximum SPL: 121 dB
      Dimensions (W x H x D inches): 24 x 17 x 16
      Weight: 45 Pounds

• By shug
      Great small combo.
       Excellent old-school tone and plenty of power for small/medium gigs.
      Line-out works well for larger rooms with PA support. I've done tons of shows with this fellah over the last year or so from little bars to large theatres and with various bands and line-ups and it's always come up with the goods. Sound engineers like it,too...
      Comes with a flightcase style slip cover which,in addition to protecting the lovely diamond blue tolex, also serves to raise the amp up to a good working height without increasing the stage footprint.
      Loads of positive stuff about this fine bit of kit here https://www.talkbass.com/threads/ampeg-b-100r-rocket-aficionados.487110/
      I always do a load of research when I get some new gear and I struggled to find anything negative about these. Don't be put off by its relatively low power rating - I play in several bands of various types and all of 'em have been happy enough with the the sound and presence of this ol'boy. I don't suppose it'd be much good for a Rooster show but I've got a big dumb rig for that sort of thing.
      It's not a lightweight amp - about 25kg - but I've put locking castored wheels on it and the handle's nice and comfy.
      Only selling as I've just picked up a Rumble 500 for a SONG and I don't need two high-quality compact combos.
      I'm in Padiham (near Burnley) if you want to come round and try it out. 
      Can pack and post. Probably cost a bit, though...
      My number is 07539 237 291
      Cheers
      Shug

• By itsmedunc
      May px trade. Decided to go back  to a stack and keep well away from being the PA guy. Will trade - Orange, Ampeg cabs and heads. Try me with anything though. You never know.
      As above. In tip top condition. Around 2 years old and only used lightly around 12 times. I'm sure it needs no introductions on here. I believe they are now discontinued. So, will become a rare commodity. I won't shift on the price.
      Great as FRFR's and also PA cabs, monitors etc. Truly versatile cabs.
      Willing to post (as I have the original packaging) at buyers cost and risk or meet up within reason. I'd rather it was picked up from my home though so the buyer is 100% satisfied with it. Cash, bank transfer but no PayPal please.

• By jj1234
      £310 for PF-800 Portaflex head.   Collection (London) or happy to meet somewhere within reason   Bought in early 2015, used for a few gigs but still in great working condition.     This head sounds huge, very sleek design and it's not too heavy. Getting rid of it as I'm upgrading to something else. A few markings on the surface but nothing obvious.