Why become a member? ×

Going ampless...DI?

geoham

32 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

I guess eventually you'll be deaf so you won't need an amp then anyway, lol. 

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng This rig sounds riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng ace Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng Heard the riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg new Bonamassa rrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg album? Riiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg

• Haha 1

I use inears all the time now, especially when within two feet of a drummer, but I also take my backline on gigs we haven't played before, because we're a trio with a small PA (two RCF 12" tops and a 12" sub) which has the enormous benefit of minimal gear, but if we turn up and the room's larger/more problematic than we thought, I sometimes run my rig to take the load off the PA. I still DI from my amp so I can get a feed to my inears (we just don't push the bass as loud through FOH), so I'm not really hearing my rig per se. If the PA can serve the room, it stays in the boot of the car, and I DI straight from my Helix.

And yes, I know the proper answer's just to get a bigger/better-and-lighter PA, but we're not in the cash position to do that, and my backline weighs <50lbs total, soooo... 😀

Then there's dep work, and not everyone's seen the light, so I still need a rig...mostly just in case.

Just to reiterate, I'd always have my inears in, because, you know...I like to annoy Joe 'Speak Up!' Bonamassa... 😁

• Like 1