Why become a member? ×

Modulus flea 1997 with Lane Poor Pick up

birdy

SOLD!

For pics etc see here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2441"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2441[/url]

I have only had this three weeks but it hasn't been able to replace my Sadowsky as my main bass as I am really into jazzes so I could do with moving this on as its criminal to have it sitting around.

Its not immaculate, its been played, theres a few marks and stuff but nothing to whince at. Its got the rare Lane Poor pick up in it. Its got Bartolini 9V preamp ( so I am told) which may have been added after or a special order as its got a 3 band eq on it.

Any trial welcome. If I let this go for £1100 I will be losing money but have got to be realistic so if interested get in touch.

Not offered in any trades unless you have an EBS TD650 or at a push the EBS HD350 or a quality mesa amp maybe with cash my way.

Thanks for looking.

Steve

Edited by birdy

[quote name='Magnolia' post='36739' date='Jul 25 2007, 09:49 AM']Oh how much I want this. I bet the one I bought of you previously is nothing compared to this.

Nick[/quote]

To be honest the one I sold you before wasn't far off. I am tone deaf anyway so the subtleties of different pick ups are lost on me :-)

Reminds me of a sound check a few months ago when I was purring on about the sound of my Sadowsky and I looked at our guitarist and said "Listen to that, isn't it great?". His reply was "Sounds like a bass to me" :-)

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='36744' date='Jul 25 2007, 09:57 AM']To be honest the one I sold you before wasn't far off. I am tone deaf anyway so the subtleties of different pick ups are lost on me :-)

Reminds me of a sound check a few months ago when I was purring on about the sound of my Sadowsky and I looked at our guitarist and said "Listen to that, isn't it great?". His reply was "Sounds like a bass to me" :-)

Steve[/quote]

Guitarists, no wonder we call them behind their backs !! Next time he's blithering on about DSL's TSL's this pedal and that pedal just say "I can't hear the difference it's all distorted mate.... "

Please Please Please, somebody buy this before I start checking in cupboards for stuff to sell on ebay !!

Edited by Marcus

OK Guys, lots of interest in this one and a firm offer from the first enquiry and so I am putting this on hold on the assumption that he will have it off me.

If anything changes I will mod the post.

Thanks

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='36865' date='Jul 25 2007, 01:44 PM']OK Guys, lots of interest in this one and a firm offer from the first enquiry and so I am putting this on hold on the assumption that he will have it off me.

If anything changes I will mod the post.

Thanks

Steve[/quote]

Thank God for that...... ! I was busy working out if the stuff we'd sorted out for the charity shop at the weekend might actually be worth something :)

• 2 weeks later...

Back for sale to anyone who is interested as the deal fell through.

This bass is not in mint condition. Its good but there are some slight surface scratches and smallish marks etc but for a 1997 its pretty good.

Anyone interested?

Steve

[quote name='funkmunky' post='42517' date='Aug 7 2007, 04:15 PM']Want my Overwater instead Steve?[/quote]

Hi Steve, I wouldn't have had you down as a flea bass type of guy?!? To be honest I am now involved in a potential swap/trade type deal on this which will either be concluded or not this weekend. I am just about to change the thread title accordingly.

It may be for sale after this weekend!

Thanks

Steve