Why become a member? ×

* SOLD * Fender USA '75 Jazz * SOLD *

Lysdexia

[quote name='rayfw' post='352421' date='Dec 12 2008, 09:02 AM']Last time I sent money as a gift (UK-UK approx 2 weeks ago) it wasn't free? It gave me the option of paying the charges myself or passing that cost on to the recipient. This was only for £15 as well.[/quote]
never been given that option before, unless people buying stuff off me are paying paypal charges for me and not telling me, which i doubt :) although my last sale was more than 2 weeks ago...

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='rayfw' post='352421' date='Dec 12 2008, 09:02 AM']Last time I sent money as a gift (UK-UK approx 2 weeks ago) it wasn't free? It gave me the option of paying the charges myself or passing that cost on to the recipient. This was only for £15 as well.[/quote]

Me too, my last one was £135 and it gave me the same option.

Just to confirm that today, I had a PayPal transaction take place (funds paid to me) with [b]no [/b]resulting charges.

When on the send money page there are two sub-tabbed options

1. Purchase

2. Personal

By choosing personal>other the result was [b]no [/b]charge.

I hope this is of help to some.

Edited by Lysdexia

[quote name='Lysdexia' post='353195' date='Dec 12 2008, 10:14 PM']Just to confirm that today, I had a PayPal transaction take place (funds paid to me) with [b]no [/b]resulting charges.

When on the send money page there are two sub-tabbed options

1. Purchase

2. Personal

By choosing personal>other the result was [b]no [/b]charge.

I hope this is of help to some.[/quote]

Is this just for small transactions or it works for bass sales too? Let's say £600?

:)

[quote name='Lysdexia' post='356401' date='Dec 16 2008, 09:31 PM']Yes, it works for larger sums too.[/quote]

Alas my buyer in the States couldn't get this happening for him so I'm down nearly £100 just from the charges but that's not the worst of it... paypal's International exchange rate doesn't bear any resemblance to any other in the market place! However this isn't a thread about paypal or exchange rates so a quick bump for another gorgeous [s]girl[/s] bass... yes definitely bass! :)