Why become a member? ×

Cort Artisan A4

Treeb

[quote name='presoulnation' post='199' date='May 17 2007, 09:46 AM']How does it sound??[/quote]
If you've ever played an Ibanez SR900 or 1000 it sounds surprisingly like one (I believe they're made in the same factory) ... I tried all 3 together when I bought this and ended up choosing the Cort because it 'felt' better to play (though I almost bought a EDA900 because of the feel, but had a blast of good sense at the last minute!) ... there was really nothing much between them. With the active circuit off it does sound just a wee bit thin around the bottom end, but I thought that about the Ibanez's as well so I may just be cloth eared.

I think I played one of them Ibanez's a while back and it's probably the only Ibanez I have ever got on with at all. I did play some kind of Cort a while back which I believe had some kind of Autowah built into it. Is that a diff one?

[quote name='ste_m3' post='790' date='May 17 2007, 08:53 PM']yeahh i believe the one with the built in autowah is the T.M Stevens funk machine edition, ive always thought that considering its called a funk machine, its quite a generic shape really! come on cort, get yer act together![/quote]

The funkmachine is basically a black A4 with random paint and the funkwah setting. same pickups and everything

the funkmachine II (i think) is basically the cort C4 with the funkwah and in silver :)

by the way, that A4 looks fantastic.

[quote name='MikeP' post='832' date='May 17 2007, 09:26 PM']Nice, I like Medium and short scale basses because I've got small fingers. My Squier P just makes me want to throw it into a wall. Thats probably why I'm buying the jazz bass :huh:[/quote]
The A4 is a full scale bass, but doesn't feel like one. Being a mutant with long arms and short fingers it's the slim neck that did it for me :)

• 8 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I had an A6 for a bit. Fantastic bass in looks, Playability and sound.
Unfortunately after about a year of gigging it I suddenly became old and decided I needed a precision and a jazz instead. Anyway, I'm off to buy some dark green corduroy trousers and beige Argyll print socks!