Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD:The living room beater bitsa (Lakland neck etc) -Now £150
£200
Plymouth

Raslee

ON HOLD

Having a clear out and it's time to move on the lounge bass, if not sold as is then I may part out (PM if interested) - Price is reduced to £150not £200

Lets start with the good bits:

Very nice Lakland jazz width neck, plays great, not hipshot but similar style tuners.

Seymour Duncan Quarter pounder pick up.

Varitone control (switches to different tones, quite handy).

Flea neck plate.

Perfect lightweight at 7.4lbs

The not so good bits:

Indent on fret board, 4th fret G-string - don't be put off though as to be honest it does not effect the play ability at all, probably fixable but it never bothered me - see pic.

The pick-guard cavity is larger that the pick-guard holes by the controls so have used long screws to the wood.

The string thru is a bit messy on the rear but functions.

The Lakland neck is 62mm heal, whereas the body is 64.5mm therefore there are side gaps between the neck and body.

With all the above said it plays really nice with a low action and I have gigged this bass a few times and really enjoyed it - especially the weight, great tones to be had with the varitone and with a fast jazz width neck on a precision style bass..... whats not to like?!

£180 seems a good price to me, + £20 postage in the UK or collection from Plymouth. Shipping is likely to be more if overseas.

JTomezGLQ2e+AlLsn3nIHA.jpg

fullsizeoutput_31f5.jpeg

j2z9h1dfT6OYPQ0fMDg3ag.jpg

UW44rH8gQqqcU84w5JXl3g.jpg

bQ6u0hnSS525N88xTUsekA.jpg

dwAvbnjJS564Wp%%uWJ6gw.jpg

BHE173ZES7+%o7Q5+S6vRA.jpg

fullsizeoutput_31f7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_31f9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_31f6.jpeg

Edited by Raslee
  • Like 2

On 29/03/2019 at 21:42, AndyTravis said:

Bollocks. I want this. That’s a ridiculous price.

Yup definitely worth more in parts alone. Lots of interest in the neck but I’m hoping to sell as is. It’s a bargain really as I’d be wanting £120 for the neck alone.