Why become a member? ×

SOLD - MM Stingray

Aharon

[quote name='greyparrot' post='355171' date='Dec 15 2008, 04:41 PM']is it still for sale? how about cash £500 and ill pick it up from you? if interested send email to [email protected] as long as it looks like the pics and in the condition stated. These are hard times, and maybe a year ago i could have done the full £650! If the offer is too low for you, its cool, but its all i would be willing to pay.

Regards, Rich.[/quote]

Sorry rich,

I dont think £500 is reasonable enough. It has already gone down from £650 to £600. I understand times are hard but hopefully things get better soon!

Aharon

[quote name='Linus27' post='355180' date='Dec 15 2008, 04:51 PM']What's this active/passive switch? Can you tell me more?

Did you fit it yourself or did it come as standard with the bass?

Is there any sound difference when passive and active?

Thanks[/quote]

Hello,

It came with the bass when I got it off Sean.Robinson (fellow bass chatter) and it came standard when he bought it (must be less than a year ago). The switch basically bypasses the active preamp (the MM pickup itself is passive). The difference in tone depends entirely on what you dialed in on the preamp. Generally speaking it is very subtle and its main purpose is either for when your battery runs out or you could use it as a 'boost / eq' pedal by heavily adjusting the preamp controls.

Turning it on/off simply involves pulling the volume knob in/out. Personally I didnt use it at all because the battery life is very good and I never needed it.
Hope this helps!

Aharon

[quote name='Aharon' post='355215' date='Dec 15 2008, 05:46 PM']Sorry rich,

I dont think £500 is reasonable enough. It has already gone down from £650 to £600. I understand times are hard but hopefully things get better soon!

Aharon[/quote]

Of course. Good luck with the sale.

Regards, Rich.

[quote name='Aharon' post='357170' date='Dec 17 2008, 05:20 PM']SOLD[/quote]

Hooray, I can stick my (almost a replica if yours) one up for sale now :)

I didn't want to have two virtually identical basses up for sale at the same price as you listed yours first :huh:

[quote name='molan' post='357297' date='Dec 17 2008, 08:21 PM']Hooray, I can stick my (almost a replica if yours) one up for sale now :)

I didn't want to have two virtually identical basses up for sale at the same price as you listed yours first :huh:[/quote]

Now that's not fair - I want one of these so badly at the moment but can't quite afford the price they seem to go for - and Henley is literally 5 mins away from me.

[quote name='lateralus462' post='357299' date='Dec 17 2008, 08:24 PM']Now that's not fair - I want one of these so badly at the moment but can't quite afford the price they seem to go for - and Henley is literally 5 mins away from me.[/quote]

Credit crunch - bah humbug - you have a PM :)