Why become a member? ×

Warmoth '57 single coil P bass - £600 delivered mainland UK

Delberthot

I've now decided to definitely sell this bass. Pictures are below

It is a phenomenal bass, very fat, almost tubey sound through my GK and amazing to play.

The specs are as follows:

Swamp ash body finished in butterscotch blonde

maple neck with vintage satin laquer and vintage Fender sized fret wire and Jazz width neck

Gotoh Resolite lightweight reverse action tuners

Tusq nut

Lollar '51 pickup

Gotoh 201 bridge

CTS pots, vintage wiring, Fender US jack, paper in oil cap.

Chrome pickup and bridge covers

Maple single screw tugbar

Black single ply scratchplate

Schaller straplocks

Optima chrome plated strings

The specs are exactly as per a '57 pre-facelift single coil P bass would be except where I have had to substitute for parts no longer available, such as CTS pots instead of the original Stackpole ones.

I use this bass with a GK 700RB II and Schroeder 1212L and it produces are really big, fat, warm, growly sounds but remains very clear. it has really good balance and the action is pretty low on it as well.

Being on a couple of months old it is in excellent condition. the only visible marks are cracking of the laquer round the jack socket when I was building it. The marks are very small and you have to look very carefully to be able to see them. Despite drilling pilot holes, I still managed to snap 3 of the screws for the machineheads. Luckily there was only one snappage per machine so it doesn't affect their ability to do their job. i was going to glue the heads back on but didn't get round to it. I think I still have the heads somewhere

it comes complete with a non-Fender tweed case as seen in the above pictures which finishes the look nicely.

At today's exchange rate, this bass would cost you over £800 to buy which is the cost for the parts alone. This doesn't include the time taken to assemble, take the laquer off the frets and set the bass up.

What you are getting here is a made in USA bass but far better quality than a similar US made Fender IMO. There are no rough edges, bad finish or poorly put togeher components. it may not have the Fender name on it but it is twice the bass a regular USA made Fender is IMO.

Make no mistake,you will be getting an extremely well put together bass that sounds absolutely fantastic. Not to mention that you cannot buy anything of this spec in any shop

Bearing all this in mind and considering that there isn't anything else like this available off the shelf I have decided a price of £600. This price includes delivery to mainland UK,excluding the usual postcodes that attract a supplement.

Edited by Delberthot

I forgot to say that the neck has Jazz nut width rather than Precision. The neck's really fast but as I've mentioned before, I played 5 & 6 string basses for quite a few years before coming back to the 4 so any neck is slim to me.

I forgot to say that when I was drilling the holes for the bridge cover, I drilled one in the wrong place. You can't see it as it is but would if you took the cover off.

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='Delberthot' post='348474' date='Dec 8 2008, 12:04 PM']I'm trying to get an idea of price first. I have absolutely no idea what it would be worth. Once I get an idea, then I'll put a price on it providing its high enough.

I forgot to say that the neck has Jazz nut width rather than Precision. The neck's really fast but as I've mentioned before, I played 5 & 6 string basses for quite a few years before coming back to the 4 so any neck is slim to me.

I forgot to say that when I was drilling the holes for the bridge cover, I drilled one in the wrong place. You can't see it as it is but would if you took the cover off.[/quote]

Ok sorry if it has a jazz neck Im not really interested
Thanks anyway, looks great

I forgot to say this if anyone is still interested in this i can end the auction early. Its a BIN as opposed to bidding auction.

There are quite a few people watching it but there seems little point as its a BIN auction. not as if someone can put in a winning bid at the end

I'm also selling my GK 700RB II, complete with 4u rack and Fender tuner. Details are in the amps for sale section.

Edited by Delberthot

I'm not going to be actively selling this bass after I post this so if you see it a month down the line I may still be interested in what you have provided it hasn't gone.

I don't need to sell this bass but I only really need one.

I could be interested in a trade for a couple of different things with cash either way depending on what it is but would prefer a straight sale.

In order of preference they are:

GK MB2-500 (no chance, i think one member here has one)
Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 head (possibly combo)
Markbass Little Mark II head (possibly combo)

I might be interested in a bass of some description (yes I know what I said above). I'm not interested in Jazz basses or their clones or Musicman basses so that leaves it open to everything else.

I'll still be selling my GK head to be replaced with one of the amps listed above. Details are in the amps for sale section. Its a GK 700RB II in a 4u rack with a Fender rack tuner. The amp is 2 years old and in perfect condition as is the tuner. The rack has a bit of road wear but nothing major. The price for that is £350 + postage.

So there you go, if you were considering this bass but didn't have the reddies at this time of year and have what I'm looking for then PM me with the details of what it is you have. Alternatively if you don't have what I'm looking for but have the reddies them PM me.

I thank you

I've now sold my Gk head and bought a Genz Shuttle 6.0 so that rules out the amp options.

To elaborate on what basses I would consider: Anything with more than 4 strings, possibly fretless, active or passive, headed or headless. excluding what I didn't want in the post above.