Why become a member? ×

Ibanez UB804 Upswing EUB

Mr Bassman

22 hours ago, Linus27 said:

Amazing thank you. I had to raise the height of my G string as it was buzzing a little and sounding too much like a fretless. When I raised it a little it sounded so much better but as the string sustained, it then vibrated into an annoying buzz. So I raised it some more and the buzz went and its now sounding good. However the D started to do the same so I just raised that a little and its ok again. Now I have the measurements and know where to measure from, I can check what the actual heights are. 

Yep - it's counterintuitive, but sometimes raising the string height can make the bass easier to play as you don't need to play as hard to get the sound you're looking for.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2024 at 09:05, Mr Bassman said:

I've been experimenting with double bass IR's for some time using a Mooer Radar. I'm not really using it anymore so might consider selling it including a few dozen IR's I've collected.

How well does it work with fretless bass guitar? Maybe you don't need the electric upright after all 🙂

On 13/03/2024 at 09:24, tinyd said:

Thanks for that - any particular reason why do you don't use it any more? I'm guessing that with a decent pickup/amp setup an IR isn't really worth it for live situations.....

I mostly play double bass now but on the odd occasion I use a Yamaha SLB I get a good enough sound without the IR's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pete.young said:

How well does it work with fretless bass guitar? Maybe you don't need the electric upright after all 🙂

I've not tried it with fretless, I don't need to as I prefer playing upright these days.