Why become a member? ×

Framus (S380) jazz bass.

Muziekschuur

• 3 years later...

Zombie thread resurrection.  I have just picked up a bass from our guitarist who asked me to give it some TLC, a clean and a set up.  Turns out to be a 1972 Framus 'Jazz' so also keen to know more as not a lot of info out there.

This is a photo of me playing a Framus Jazz Bass in around 1980. It was a classic JB with standard VVT set up. Of note was the rock solid build quality and components. Never had any set up or tuning issues, but nothing ever went wrong. In the end I sold it and traded up (?) to an Ibanez 925 Roadster, which has to be said gave me a lot more options and was also a fab bass but was a boat anchor. But I really wish I had kept hold of that Framus. 

SAVE_20211017_201707.jpg

Edited by ChrisJaxon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great pic.

This one seems pretty light at c.3.5kgs.  It's not had an easy life and has clearly been gigged and bits of hardware need replacing e.g. tuner bushings.

I had a Framus Jazz in the second half of the 70s, it was definitely a cut above the far-eastern Fender copies like Colombus. I think I have a picture of it somewhere, I'll add it if I can find it.

1978.jpeg

• Thanks 1