Why become a member? ×

show me yer bitsa's

BaggyMan

Seems to be a rather large component of the hobby that bassists are compelled to build a bitsa bass at some point (usually then being sold at a loss).

I for one have built loads just for the fun it it.  Currently have two or three in various states of creation.. (just finished a p bass, have a  jazz type and  modded a Warwick clone Vester). 

So, what have you been up to?

Edited by BaggyMan

My bitsa P bass. Body was £20 off eBay, no idea what it was originally but it's solid wood and weighs as much as a sofa. Neck was from my beaten up old Squier Jazz (yes I added the decal, sue me :lol:). Pickup is a hot Wilkinson off eBay, a tenner I think it was. Bridge was a fiver, pickguard was about 20. EMG active 2-band eq came from my spares box, had it for years and can't remember how much it was :) Vinyl pretend-MOP neck blocks were a fiver or so. Total cost, not very much at all, but it plays very nicely, sounds thunderous and (I think) looks great. I might add a J bridge pickup at some point. Shame it's so fecking heavy.

pbass01_zpsbs0lanqi.jpg

• Like 2