Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT 212 portability?

Sarlscharisma

I’ve got an Ampeg v4b RI and considering partnering it with a 212 SVT cab.  I’m fairly used to moving a Barfaced  two10  to and from rehearsals, so my main concern is how portable and easy it is to move given that it is bigger and heavier.  Question is, is it a one man job to move or is it doable to shift in an out of a hatchback?

I’d say it depends on how high the lip to the hatchback is, 66lbs lifted over a high lip, may be awkward. Also whether or not the cab will fit in that space at all. Certainly on my last Astra hatchback a Barefaced Super12 was the largest cab that would fit.  A regular square shaped cab had no chance, and again that was down to the height of the lip.

Imo though it’s def doable to move about by one person, I shift my Ashdown ABM410 on my own and that’s  10lbs heavier - and for reference I’m in my 50s. Stick some castors on it, nice and easy.

Edited by Lozz196

Received it yesterday on a trial basis.  It’s more shape the weight that the makes it tricky to shift around.  It will be fine for gigs but lugging to rehearsals every week is probably not a goer.

on a separate note, this thing is loud.  I was very surprised that it is more powerful than my Two10.  I’m sure that if I put both my Two10s together that will change.  Tone wise the Two10 has is better in a solo setting, but maybe a different story in the mix?