Why become a member? ×

Eminence Gamma 15

RichardH

Left over from the splitting of my cab (sniff).

[url="http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=EMIGAM15A&product=Eminence_Gamma_15&browsemode=category"]Here's the cheapest place for them new[/url] - they come in at £62 delivered.

[url="http://www.eminence.com/pdf/cab-gamma-15a-2.pdf"]Here's the spec sheet from Eminence[/url]

[url="http://www.eminence.com/proaudio_speaker_detail.asp?web_detail_link=GAMMA15A-2&speaker_size=15&SUB_CAT_ID=2"]Eminence website page[/url] - this may be a slightly different speaker, as it is named the 15A-2, but the specs appear to be identical.
As you can see from the links, it is an 8Ohm 300W driver, suitable for going into a ported box between 40-136 litres (1.4-4.8 cu.ft.) - the box I had it in was bang in the middle of that range at 3.2 cu.ft, and it sounded stonking.

It has had light use - mainly home/rehearsal, as when I used the box it was in at a gig, it swamped the rest of the band for the rooms we play in - so I decided to sell the cab ratherthan it take up room. I am confident it is in perfect working order - it moves freely when the cone is pushed in with no scraping or catching. The oly thing is that the fibre gasket tore away when it was removed from the current enclosure, but I have some weather sealant strip to put round it to replace the gasket.

I've had some interest already, but thought I may as well post a "proper" thread as well.

I'd be looking for around £40 + delivery (or collection from near Hertford, East Herts (SG11)).

Edited by RichardH

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='353309' date='Dec 13 2008, 01:15 AM']If I bought this and put it in my blown cab, would anyone buy the cab for not much more? Or someone buy this and come and get my cab.[/quote]

Do you have any pictures of your cab? That might help people decide.

[quote name='BeLow' post='354047' date='Dec 14 2008, 08:35 AM']I think you will find this is the driver unit on its own, without the cab.[/quote]

Er, yes it is. But Mr. Foxen was contemplating buying the driver, sticking it in his dead cab and then putting the whole lot back up for sale. The request was for pictures of Mr Foxen's cab. I think.

[quote name='pete.young' post='356433' date='Dec 16 2008, 10:13 PM']Er, yes it is. But Mr. Foxen was contemplating buying the driver, sticking it in his dead cab and then putting the whole lot back up for sale. The request was for pictures of Mr Foxen's cab. I think.[/quote]

Yep - that's what I would be after if I was a potential buyer planning to marry them together.

[quote name='RichardH' post='358521' date='Dec 19 2008, 07:57 AM']OK chaps, this is taking up space, so make me an offer - I'll take £30 + postage, or £35 shipped (and that's a bargain, as you won't get shipping for £5 for this baby).

R[/quote]

PM'd