Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Jack Casady with Hard Case - Gold £450
£700

bogleshake

Hiya folks, 

Merry Christmas for a kick off, I'm sure this will age badly when the advert is still open in July!

I'm having to clear out a few of my less used basses to fund a bass synth, new sound apparently, so here go's -

£450 - Epiphone Jack Casady with Hard Case

I bought this from Guitar Guitar in Newcastle in July 2013, mainly after seeing Mani playing one in the Stone Roses comeback gigs.  It's the made in Korea model.  I've since seen it played by various cool cats on stage, including Jack White and Paul McCartney's bassists.  Comes in the pretty drastic-yet-appealing-to-most golden colour.  I bought it to play the Wickerman Festival that summer, RIP, and that was one of only two gigs I've used it for.  The rest of the time it's been used solely for recording on all my band's recordings (Barstow Bats, check us out!) as it's got a much better sound than my horribly noisy American Jag.  Looks class on stage as well, although I'm not sticking a photo up of me playing it at Wickerman as the Mad Crew guys said I looked like Elton John that day!  Photo can be sent by request if that's your bag though!  Great bass, in excellent condition not a mark on it and all original parts.  Case has a few marks on the outside though although nothing substantial, just doing its job as a hard case.  

Epi4.thumb.jpg.30f3912b51171fff045675322bf8a0ef.jpgEpi3.thumb.jpg.eb84306620a06159429b49e4e8526565.jpgEpi7.thumb.jpg.daf6eeba3f6559c32071f2a95eadfbdf.jpgEpi2.thumb.jpg.f5cb3bb2c5de0c76734d50ce422d58da.jpgEpi6.thumb.jpg.cd010638f6d87d9bc0dd9420a6745c9c.jpgEpi5.thumb.jpg.d108ec3950207ee316e4837f5ea3163b.jpgEpi1.thumb.jpg.f8e6f51e5c839219692402e17a3a1105.jpg

£120 - Gretsch G220 Junior Jet II - Black  - SOLD!

This is the first shortscale I've had really, gave it a shot and have since bought a Mustang so I've no need for this wee guy hanging about my living room.  It's a 'well used' example that I bought second hand, so it's got a few superficial wee marks on it and one more pronounced mark on the back of it.  I've tried to capture the imperfections in the photos'.  Comes with flatwounds, obviously, but no case or bag sadly.  This was the bass of choice for Royal Blood before the main lad started getting custom made Fender's built for him.  Obviously not this actual bass though as I'd imagine Royal Blood haven't ever passed through Dumfries, apart from on the M74 to some more interesting place!!

So there you go pals, I'm in Dumfries (DG2 for life) but could travel to the likes of Abington if you're from the North and wherever the equivalent locations are down the M6 or A69.  And I'd prefer not to post.

Hit me with your questions, and I'd imagine the names of the aforementioned bassists from Jack White and Paul McCartney's bands!

Edited by bogleshake
Price drop

On 30/12/2018 at 21:41, Newfoundfreedom said:

The Gretsch is a cracking little bass. I love mine. They punch well above their weight, the build quality is surprisingly good and they sound great. 

Highly recommended if anyone is umming and ahhring. Buy it! You can't go wrong at that price. 

Cheers mate, it's a great bass.  Just have to trim the herd sadly. :( 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bogleshake said:

I might be heading out very soon actually, my wife's best mate lives there and she's been talking about a visit.

Excellent! See, shy bairns and all that. Well then, two questions:

Does the Gretsch have any marks or dings on the neck or fretboard?

If not, could you please bring it with you and I'll buy it? Assuming it doesn't sell between now and whenever that is.

On 10/01/2019 at 08:29, Jack said:

Excellent! See, shy bairns and all that. Well then, two questions:

Does the Gretsch have any marks or dings on the neck or fretboard?

If not, could you please bring it with you and I'll buy it? Assuming it doesn't sell between now and whenever that is.

I don't think I'm going to be across in Newcastle until the end of February annoyingly.  Would you be up for meeting somewhere in between?  I can't see any dings or damage to the neck or fret board but I'll send some photo's to you in a PM mate.

On 17/01/2019 at 14:23, bogleshake said:

I don't think I'm going to be across in Newcastle until the end of February annoyingly.  Would you be up for meeting somewhere in between?  I can't see any dings or damage to the neck or fret board but I'll send some photo's to you in a PM mate.

Sorry for the late reply! Unfortunately I'm rushed off my feet at the moment with a proper job, a self employed gig, evening course and two bands. I have a fiancee in there somewhere too.... 🤔😆

The offer stands though: if you do ever come by, and it's not sold (which I find hard to believe!) then I'm game.

• Like 1

On 27/12/2018 at 11:46, bogleshake said:

So there you go pals, I'm in Dumfries (DG2 for life) but could travel to the likes of Abington if you're from the North and wherever the equivalent locations are down the M6 or A69.  And I'd prefer not to post.

On 17/01/2019 at 14:23, bogleshake said:

OK, just how far down the A69? I can't let it go for £120... 😍

• Like 2

• bogleshake changed the title to Epiphone Jack Casady with Hard Case - Gold *PRICE DROP* £520
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...