Why become a member? ×

Picture Books/Inspector Cluzo 'support' Clutch

hiram.k.hackenbacker

I'm going to see Clutch again tomorrow in Brixton. I've just looked up the support acts. I don't think I'll bother getting there to see them if this is the best they have to offer....

Admittedly chosen at random on You Tube, but neither video predisposed me to put myself through another. 

Have they been with Clutch on all the UK dates? Anyone fancy trying to change my mind about either of them?

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

+1. Clutch have had some decent support artists over the years, but this just seems like an easy fix to me. Two supports both of which only have a drummer and a guitarist. Kind of get it on the level that the origins of ‘stoner rock’ are on Clutch’s DNA, but they have moved on somewhat now.

Last time I saw Clutch they had Lionize as the support, who were superb.

There was a very memorable show where they had Taint, The Sword and Witchcraft as support as well, they typically bring good acts out with them.

From those videos, The Picture books did nothing for me, but Inspector Cluezo seemed fun.

6 hours ago, Graham said:

Last time I saw Clutch they had Lionize as the support, who were superb.

There was a very memorable show where they had Taint, The Sword and Witchcraft as support as well, they typically bring good acts out with them.

From those videos, The Picture books did nothing for me, but Inspector Cluezo seemed fun.

Just got home from the gig. I swerved the support acts. Most of the people I spoke with in the pub beforehand were of the same mind, although I did speak to someone inside the venue who said The Picture Books were OK.

The Clutch encores will be posted here in due course.