cetera

*SOLD* Fernandes Ltd Edition PJ60 - late 80's Jap classic
£350

PRICE DROP!! - Was £350, £325, £300, £275.... now just £250!

VISA card needs paying back so here we have my fantastic original Japanese made (late 80's) Fernandes Ltd Edition PJ60 Bass in eye-catching bold red.

Basswood body
Maple bolt-on neck
Rosewood board
Black hardware
FGI active P/J pickups & preamp (like EMGs) for every tone you could possibly require!
Vol/Bal/Treb/Bass controls
Usual fantastic Japanese build quality. This is no entry level instrument - feels, plays & sounds great in any professional environment. A crazily good bass and an absolute bargain!!

PJ60.thumb.jpg.eea16f117a0609136d488641766cca4f.jpg

This instrument is in fantastic condition with just a few very light dings and plays beautifully. Very slim and playable neck and a wide tonal palette. It sounds hugely resonant unplugged (always a good sign!) and this is continued when plugging in!

I'll be sad to see it go & only selling to clear some debt so not looking for any trades/offers. Bass is located in Guildford/Woking area and I can courier at buyers expense (prob approx £30-£40) or can meet in South East England for petrol. Payment by cash, bank transfer or Paypal (you pay all fees) only please.

Fernandes1.thumb.jpg.40b63fb6e23fc8286f5905eaa256f209.jpgFernandes2.thumb.jpg.9fd2593f5be32d28cf5854ae639c9a76.jpgFernandes4.thumb.jpg.a4043a915fad07b8b94f9b35cc7b9aac.jpgFernandes3.thumb.jpg.e0e400e4adcbebe780ed31380929405f.jpg

Please see my extensive positive feedback record for assurance of a smooth and honest transaction.

Edited by cetera
  • Like 2

On 04/04/2019 at 12:47, lee650 said:

Wow!!! Your bass sales are always an event 😁

Thanks!

Edited by cetera

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dballona
      This is a collectors' article, besides being the best P Bass I have ever owned, without a doubt. This bass is part of the history of an incredible musician, which played with names such as Steve Vai, Neil Zaza, Cyndi Lauper, Little Steven, Tina Turner, Dan Hartman and Billy Joel and even legendary Miles Davis.

I bought this bass from a New Jersey resident who bought it from the person who did TM's Estate sale. He visited TM's house and shipped this beauty to me in Brazil, where I used to live. Now, after moving to the UK, I am playing less and less, and it makes sense to sell this to a collector/actual player, which will take care of this legacy moving forward.

Originality-wise, electronics of this bass are entirely original except for one of the pots. The pickguard is broken next to the cable jack, typical for old P basses. The body was obviously stripped and covered with glossy finishing – probably it is not nitro, I'd say it is PU. One thing that dates the stripping is that there's a picture of TM with this bass dating back to early 70s from what it seems... so it's been like that for a while. And a funny fact, when I got the bass, the neckplate was flipped. I left it as TM knows what works better.

Everything else is clearly original, and I can back up originality after collecting old Fender basses for a few years.

Included on the sale:
      - Bass;
      - OHSC;
      - Covers (both pickup and bridge);

I will try to ship some of the memorabilia that was included in the original sale to whoever buys it. I left all of it in Brazil when I moved in as I had no intentions to sell it... if you're interested, leave me a message and I will send you more pictures.

• By bassfan
      2nd bass up.....
      Edit: Price drop  £500
      A rather lovely precision lyte I acquired in a trade last week. As light as it is, I am just not going to use it at the minute and so it has made the sale list.
      It is as it came to me and would benefit from some new strings but they are good for now. It’s a black sparkle colour, hard to see in the pics but it’s very nice. It’s made in Japan with an “A” serial number which I believe denotes 85-86, if that’s right it’s in great condition! All stock I believe and working as it should do with the p thump and jazz tones, both combined a lovely and warm tone. There’s a small scratch in the lacquer by the jack (see pic), this can’t be seen from the front. 
      Comes in a fender padded gig bag.
      Cash is king... no trades now as there’s something I really want! 
      Collection or meet is preferred, shipping may be possible. 

• By 6feet7
      Price drop to £875 / Sensible offers
      An absolutely stunning example with matching headstock Maruszczyk Jake 5+ P/MM that is around 7lbs / 3.2Kg in weight,
      Fitted with passive Delano MC5 HE/M2 and PC5 HE/M2 pickups and comes with a Hiscox hard case.
      New D'Addario nickel rounds fitted but I can include some used DR Sunbeams if you'd prefer.
      No trades
      Couriers are still delivering at the moment, so posting isn’t an issue.
      If you've ever wanted a lightweight 5 stringer that weighs so little that a 2 or 3 hour set leaves little to no impression on your ageing shoulders, then this is the bass to have

• By DoubleOhStephan
      Up for sale is my latest impulse buy and first of my small Fender collection...   A Fender Standard Precision bass, made in Mexico in 2010 (the start of a good run apparently), finished in Lake Placid Blue with a rosewood fretboard. This one has been modded to recreate the classic 60's look.       I've always loved Lake Placid Blue and when this came up for sale the day after I'd sold my Squier VM, all the good intentions I had for that cash went straight out of the window.     By the time it was in the post, a plan had been made (to make it look like an American Original '60s Precision) and the parts list written -    Brown Tort Scratchplate KiOgon Loom  Generic Bridge Cover  Fender Pickup Cover     Upon arrival I was really pleased with the condition of the bass. It was exactly as described, with just a few very small marks that are hard to find, but overall in absolutely superb condition.   Weight - 4.1kg on bathroom scales       It came fitted with a replacement vintage bridge (described as Fender but I can't confirm) which looks great so stayed and new strings, also in great nick and still on the bass. The white scratchplate was also a replacement, swapped by the previous owner, as the original which was discoloured.   The bass was the owners back-up to his recently acquired US Precision, so wasn't being used anymore. It was pretty dusty and in needing of a setup, which I did prior to upgrading the bass. The truss works fine and action is set pretty low.      Upon plug-in there was a severe intermittent signal loss problem. Taking the plate off revealed an earlier bit of rewiring, in the form of a new pot and extra earth wire. Not sure if it was a dodgy solder or a faulty socket, either way that loom is in the bin, replaced with a flawless KiOgon loom connected to the original pickups. It sounds lovely, classic P bass.    I've rolled the fretboard edges and lightly sanded the neck, something I wish I'd known about years ago. Annoyingly, I've made two marks in the lacquer, but these are just visual, the neck is very smooth.     I've also installed a small shim (business card thick), as I like to the get action as low as possible without having the saddle screws cutting up my hand.    While the bass was stripped, I give it a deep clean and polish, soaked the fretboard in lemon oil, then bolted it all back together with the new parts (and have progress pics if the buyer is interested).                               Its up for sale because, as I working on it, I come to the sad realisation that I'm never going to get on with the Fender fretboard radius. So, I've decided to sell 3 of my 4 Fenders, keeping only an old Bitsa which is too cracking to part with, and invest in an another Sandberg, possibly a VS, VT or VM    Cash on collection is always much preferred from Eastbourne, East Sussex BN22, but I will ship in a gig bag and box at buyers risk, cost and arrangement. Payment method for shipping to be agreed.   Thanks for looking!   Coming to the BC Marketplace soon...*   a MiM Fender Classic Series '60s Jazz PJ with stacked knob KiOgon loom a mint condish MiJ Fender Classic Series 70s Precision with bound maple board and blocks!  Not the black one
        *Mods, I have a yearly sub & Ped's approved this bit.