Why become a member? ×

Fender Roadworn Jazz (4 string) SOLD
£700

Conan

A gorgeous example of one of Fender's best-regarded J basses. The serial number dates this model to 2009, even though I have only owned it since this summer. It is the best J bass I have ever owned, and I have had over a dozen! The only reason I need to sell it is that my current band requires me to use a five string, and I just can't afford to buy one and keep this... :(

The previous owner told me that another previous owner added extra relicking (as if it needed that!) and had the pickups rewound. I don't know what they sounded like originally, but they are incredibly rich and powerful now so the experiment obviously worked. For those interested in (or obsessed by!) such things, the mass is exactly 4kg (or 8lb 11oz in old money). I was slightly surprised after putting it on the scales, as it doesn't feel that heavy and balances beautifully.

Bass is located in Newcastle upon Tyne, but I would be happy to package it up for shipping (at buyer's risk and expense of course).

Would prefer a cash sale as I have already spotted a fiver locally that I am interested in - but would also consider trades for low to mid priced five strings (especially Sire Marcus Miller V7s, Yamahas or G&Ls).

Any questions, or any other photos - just ask.

Roadworn1.jpg

Roadworn2.jpg

Roadworn3.jpg

Roadworn4.jpg

Roadworn5.jpg

Roadworn6.jpg

Roadworn7.jpg

Roadworn8.jpg

Roadworn9.jpg

Roadworn10.jpg

Edited by Conan
  • Like 1

Update: following communication with a previous owner, it turns out that the stock pickups were rewound by Oil City. Great-sounding pickups, but I'm not sure how that would affect the value. As a result, I will leave the price the same for now :)

https://www.oilcitypickups.co.uk/

Roadworn pickups1.jpg

Roadworn pickups2.jpg

Roadworn pickups3.jpg

Edited by Conan

8 hours ago, Savethedaves said:

I still regret moving my fiesta red road worn jazz on. I think about it all the time. Amazing, amazing basses. 

Believe me, if it wasn't for financial need, I would definitely not be selling this bass. I just bonded with it straight away and it felt like a part of me. No other bass has done that so instantly or so lastingly. When I can afford it, I will be looking for another one! :sun_bespectacled: