Why become a member? ×

Stringbusters

That's good to hear. I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

Every year, my parents ask me what I want for my birthday and ask for strings (surprise, surprise). My Mum 'phones them up with no a clue what she's asking for. They're always very patient with her and I get my strings in a couple of days. :)

Edited by 7string

• 5 weeks later...

I've never had any troubles, always quick service and neve had to contact them. But I've always bought DR sets off them so they'd have to have some seriously bad facilities to ruin those strings. They also consistently cheaper than Stringdirect for most everything and have better choice. However at £35 per 5 string set of Hi-Beams, and that's the cheapest price I've found from a UK site, I'm thinking of switching to D'Addario Prosteels - at £17.60 they're literally half the price.

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='369077' date='Jan 3 2009, 01:44 AM']I've never had any troubles, always quick service and neve had to contact them. But I've always bought DR sets off them so they'd have to have some seriously bad facilities to ruin those strings. They also consistently cheaper than Stringdirect for most everything and have better choice. However at £35 per 5 string set of Hi-Beams, and that's the cheapest price I've found from a UK site, I'm thinking of switching to D'Addario Prosteels - at £17.60 they're literally half the price.[/quote]
Your probably better off,seeing the style of music you play......dunno if you like a bit of zing,but you must kill a set in 3-4 gigs like I do,and Ive tried every trick in the book from boiling to meth swabs to keep strings from dying.

What guages are you running? And how f***ed does the fretless board get before it needs a planeing?