Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 1200 smoking

Kieran30803

Hey guys, so a few weeks back I ordered an ashdown abm 1200 from reverb and used it on a couple of gigs and I didn’t have any problems. I was at a gig tonight and the amp started smoking and crackling, then I saw some sparks and a small fire that put itself out through the vents. It looked like the fire came from the inductor coil. It also won’t turn on anymore, now that I got it home. Luckily I had a Darkglass DI box that I ran through with in ears for the rest of the night. Anyone else have this problem with any ashdown amps/this one in particular? Also, I know that this is a UK based website, but I’m in New York, so if anyone could point me in the direction of an authorized ashdown repair shop that’d be wonderful. Thank you for reading.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Kieran30803

Hi Kieran,

Sorry to hear this, unusual for sure. If you can email me your details and serial number of the amp I can do some investigative work and we can get you hooked up with our USA guys who will take care of you. My email is [email protected] 

I am assuming the amp was used when you bought it rather than new form a store?

Edited by Ashdown Engineering
  • Like 3