CalDeep

Sire V7 5 String - SOLD PENDING
£350

Hey guys. 

I got this for a run with The Billy Joel Songbook Tour that needed a 5 String. The clutch in my car has gone so unfortunately this needs to go. 

These basses can have some pretty ropey factory fretwork so I had my guitar tech replace and level all the frets (An expensive job), it now plays better than any other V7 I've played, its also had an electrical service and a fresh set of Newtones. Its been in a flight case and looked after the whole time Ive had it.

Its a great example of these basses and Ive put a lot into it, but I seldom use a 5 string and needs must. 

Based in Liverpool but travel all over. I am happy to ship at buyers expense. 

Any questions please do get in touch. 

Cal 

img_20180920_222406.thumb.jpg.8628ded12d024303a50953e95a53394d.jpgimg_20180920_222349.thumb.jpg.28e82a199300a022784a7c29aa5ea6fc.jpgimg_20180920_222331.thumb.jpg.e32f932a820dff9ad7a0e49bbdbeada5.jpg 

Edited by CalDeep

And this bass is now mine!:sun_bespectacled:

1 hour ago, Conan said:

And this bass is now mine!:sun_bespectacled:

Enjoy Conan - I have the exact same one and love it.   I used to have GAS for various basses but mine is sorted thanks to my V7, although I would like a P7 to make a set.....

I'm really impressed with it! Very playable and great sounding. The preamp is fantastic (if a little bass heavy...). First five string I've owned that feels comfortable and makes we want to try to master five strings. Time will tell on that one! :)

I find I rarely use mine in active mode - sometimes I use the advantage of the pre-amp by having a bit of bass dialled in and then use it as a switchable bass boost for effect....

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dirty Soul
      Please note, the bass is located in Copenhagen, Denmark. I will ship to EU countries. Please contact me first  

Selling my Corvette unlined Fretless 5. 
      Turns out I’m not as good at fretless playing as I imagined so this just isn’t getting used. A real shame but I have my eye on something else. 

Made in Germany in 2008. Bubinga body, Ovangkol neck with ebony fingerboard, with minimal markings. 
      Natural oil finish and carefully treated weekly with the Warwick wax. (Included in sale)
      Passive electronics with volume, pick-up blend and tone controls. I was very surprised by the variety of sounds that come out of those controls! MEC dynamic correction pups.

Currently strung with Rotosound 45-130 flatwounds. 
      Weight is 6kg.
      Includes Warwick Rockbag, surface finishing wax and truss rod tool. 

Open to reasonable offers.

Buyer to collect from Copenhagen, Denmark or can post within the EU at buyers expense.

• By foxtrott
      Pricedrop 3.450 € open for offers, looking for Fender Jazz Bass orginal 70ies or CS 
      13.08.2019 => New Fodera Nickel Strings, polished and waxed the instrument, feels like new 😉
      I sell this amazing bass because I always grab my Le Fay anyway. Maybe trade with P Bass CS possible.
      The bass is in good condition, technically tiptop, with usual optical used tracks (on the back of the body) and on the top plate smaller things, which I captured in the photos as best as possible.
      The tone and response is extremely direct and resonant. The playability very comfortable.
      Anyone who already knows and played Jerzy Drozd basses knows, anyway. Exchange offers are of interest, I look forward to offers and inquiries if interested by mail.

Specs as follows.

2006 Jerzy Drozd Obsession Excellency 6 Strings 35" Scale 24 Frets Etimoe Body Zebrawood Top 3 Piece Maple Neck 7 Screws Bolt-on Maple Neck Ebony Fretboard Matching Headstock Two pieces Jerzy Drozd Bridge Two Jerzy Drozd Single Coils Pickup Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp 18mm strings spacing, possible to up to 19mm or down to 16.5mm. 9mm at nut Ebony Nut Asymetrical D Neck Controls : Volume/Blend/Bass/Medium 400hz or 800hz/Treble Trussrod : One double-acting fully working Weight : 4.4kg Machine heads : Gotoh Controls Knobs : Wood, maple and Zebrawood.  

• By basslee
      This is a stunning bass, I bought new a Pedulla ET5 Cocobolo, Gold Hardware, Bartolini Pickups Plus
      Thunderguts Low-Mids Boost Switch, 19mm String Spacing, Comes with original hard case 
      Not looking to trade but will be happy to listen to offers
      Price does not include shipping, I will only ship fully insured or can be collected locally

• By The Counsellor
      PRICE DROP 550 GBP incl. shipping
      Upgraded Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, Crafted In Japan. Upgrades include new black pickguard (original Fender replacement) and chrome volume/tone knobs (original Fender replacements).
      Alder Body, Maple Neck With Black Block Inlays, Maple Fretboard, Slim 70s Neck Profile, 2 x Vintage Jazz Single Coil Pickups, Original BadAss II Bridge, Color: Black, Crafted In Japan
      Shipping is included in the EU.
      This Bass was a very reliable companion through my music studies but now it’s time to part ways. Great tone, great fast neck and great playability. Well maintained and clean instrument. Currently stringed with Elixir Coated Nanoweb 105 - 50.
      There’s tons of information about this particular Fender Jazz Bass Model on the internet.
      Sale only (to get funds for a 5-String Bass).
      Questions are welcome. Cheers.

• By DevonDel
      Fender Jazz 1962 reissue

Made in Japan in the early 90’s

Black with tortoise shell scratch plate

Refretted in the last 12 months by James Millman in Bideford. http://www.millmanguitars.co.uk/

Upgraded Schaller 3D bridge, greater mass and fully adjustable including string spacing

Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder pick-ups and I have the original pick-ups

The bass is pushing 30 years old so is showing some wear but no major knocks or dinks. Some lacquer has come away at the neck socket but hard to see..

Priced to sell at £650 or would consider trade for quality 5 string.

Would prefer collection but could organise postage at your cost.