Why become a member? ×

Another in-ear question, sorry!

Baxlin

In our Church band we use individual MEI mixer/monitors, with wired in-ear phones.

In an attempt to go wireless, I bought a small Bluetooth transmitter to plug into the MEI output, and Bluetooth phones.

Unfortunately, while they pair up ok, there’s about a half beat delay between playing a note and hearing it, which is not good for a bass player.....☹️

Does Bluetooth always have this?  Anything I can do, other than forget it?

Thanks

some Bluetooth devices are quick enough to pretty much sync but most cheap stuff or stuff designed for phones primarily isn't I have found - not just audio this affects things like GPS modules as well as I found in the past when using laptop with Memory Map on it and different GPS devices

my Bluetooth speaker by Nokia has a terrible lag but my XU07R cheap Bluetooth stereo receiver works well so lip sync appears to be okay when watching video using my practice combo as a monitor (eg. watching SBL lessons or other videos where you want to properly hear the bass) - there may actually be some slight delay but as I am only streaming stuff to play along with like a drum machine or a song off Spotify or Youtube and playing on my own I wouldn't notice any inherent delay - but given that both devices are getting a signal from my sound card in the PC and the USB2/3 Bluetooth dongle that broadcasts it the difference must be in the receiving devices, the phone tech one being very slow and the dedicated stereo receiver being much better, but it's much newer tech (4 years newer)so probably has a smaller faster processor in it