Why become a member? ×

Bass VI. Removing poles from pickups?

randythoades

I'm looking at a similar solution for a custom Bass VI that I am spec'ing out, and even though I'm going to be going for a much wider string spacing than the Revelation, I don't think that splitting the pickups is going to do it for me. For a start what would I do about the "G" string? For some songs it would definitely be part of the bass sound and others part of the guitar chords. Sometimes it would need to swap over in the middle of the song depending on what I am playing.

I've decided that it will be far simpler to go for two outputs and 3-way switching on each pickup (1/off/2) and then tone shaping/filtering further along the signal chain to achieve what I want to do.

It helps that my rig these days consists of a Helix and an FRFR so I don't need to worry about separate amps etc.

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

I'm looking at a similar solution for a custom Bass VI that I am spec'ing out, and even though I'm going to be going for a much wider string spacing than the Revelation, I don't think that splitting the pickups is going to do it for me. For a start what would I do about the "G" string? For some songs it would definitely be part of the bass sound and others part of the guitar chords. Sometimes it would need to swap over in the middle of the song depending on what I am playing.

I've decided that it will be far simpler to go for two outputs and 3-way switching on each pickup (1/off/2) and then tone shaping/filtering further along the signal chain to achieve what I want to do.

It helps that my rig these days consists of a Helix and an FRFR so I don't need to worry about separate amps etc.

A set of individual coils like Andy linked, then a switch to toggle the G string between the bass and treble output?