Why become a member? ×

** SOLD: Schecter Diamond P Custom 5 string bass. ** SOLD
£350

silverfoxnik

** NOW SOLD - thanks for looking ***

Hi Folks

Having just bought another bass, it's time to move on this very nice Schecter Diamond P Custom 5 String bass, which is in extremely good condition and sounds amazing if you want a combination of P-bass thump and MM style funk all in one! Price-wise, I'm looking for £SOLD or near offer for this beauty!

Background: I bought in on here in 2012 from it's first owner, sold it in 2015, then missed it so much I bought it back again when it became available because I liked it so much. Over the last 5 years, I have used it mainly for rehearsals, plus some gigs (including a trip to Germany the year before last year, which was fun) but as I only gig about once a month it's still pretty much in the condition it was when I first bought it. There are a couple of tiny dings on it, but they really are tiny..

Why I'm selling: This bass has outlasted two Fender Roscoe Beck 5 strings I've had in the last 6 years, so I rate it very highly indeed, but I have another 5 string bass which I've invested time & money into to getting just how I want and which has a similar pick-up configuration to the Schecter, so of the two, this is the one I have decided to let go. And, the addition of another Roscoe Beck 5 string 3 months ago - plus a recent house move - all means something in the bass collection has to give...

Photos: Attached are some photos... I do have more and, if you want to see them, just PM me your email address and I'll happily send them over to you.. 

Details: It's a 35" scale, passive bass, with an very even tone across all the strings and has a pretty thunderous sounding B-string! Though it's passive, the switching allows you to get a P Bass tone, Jazz bass tone and a MM bass tone too and with all of that, it has a really hot output to it - which is how Schecter designed these things; have a look at this Schecter video clip here:

Schecter official YouTube clip

And here's some other YouTube links of the Diamond P5, which will give you an idea of the tonal palette of the bass:

Diamond P 5 Clip 1

Diamond P 5 Clip 2

More details available on the Schecter website.

Price: Price-wise, I think these were over £650 when they first came out and now they've been discontinued replaced by an active version I believe, so I'm thinking that a price of around £350 for one in such good condition is about right, but if you'd like to make me an offer, then please feel free to PM me.

Shipping etc: I'm always willing to ship basses, so if you want it and you want me to ship it, I can promise you that it will be well packed!! Shipping costs are additional to the price of course, and I always recommend that you pay the extra to have a bass properly insured in transit. I have a gig back that I can throw into the deal which will add extra protection too...

The bass will be available to view & try at the South East Bass Bash on Saturday 29th September if you're going to be there..

Equally, feel free to come and give it a try if you're local to me in Littlehampton, West Sussex - you won't be disappointed - well, by the tea and biscuits anyway! :)

Any questions, please ask here or send me a PM.

Thanks for looking,

Nik

IMG_20170930_161116.jpg

IMG_20170930_161228.jpg

IMG_20170930_161425.jpg

IMG_20170930_161419.jpg

IMG_20170930_161209.jpg

IMG_20170930_161333.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
Bass is now SOLD
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Damonjames said:

Schecter basses are downright amazing. The one bass i REALLY regret selling was my schecter diamond model t😞

Thanks.. I already know I will regret selling this one to be honest.

Anyway, needs must ... and just to say all PMs replied to. ☺